Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Telegrama urgente para delegado de Bahia Asuncion
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 1-15-2007 at 07:36 PM
Telegrama urgente para delegado de Bahia Asuncion

TEMBLOR
El delegado municipal de un pequeño poblado de las costas del pacifico de Baja California, recibe un telegrama urgente que dice:"Movimiento telúrico trepidatorio detectadoen su zona. Localizar epicentro e informar dealteraciones con la flora y la fauna".Varias semanas después llega la respuesta del delegado municipal:
"Epicentro fue localizado y arrestado, está confeso y preso, esperamos órdenes superiores.Telúrico quedó muerto en el lugar de los hechos.Trepidatorio y otros 15 cabrones se dieron a lafuga, pero los seguimos de cerca.A la Flora y a la Fauna las corrimos del pueblo por putas. No habíamos podido informar antes porque hubo un temblor de la ..."
:lol:

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 1-15-2007 at 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
TEMBLOR
El delegado municipal de un pequeño poblado de las costas del pacifico de Baja California, recibe un telegrama urgente que dice:"Movimiento telúrico trepidatorio detectadoen su zona. Localizar epicentro e informar dealteraciones con la flora y la fauna".Varias semanas después llega la respuesta del delegado municipal:
"Epicentro fue localizado y arrestado, está confeso y preso, esperamos órdenes superiores.Telúrico quedó muerto en el lugar de los hechos.Trepidatorio y otros 15 cabrones se dieron a lafuga, pero los seguimos de cerca.A la Flora y a la Fauna las corrimos del pueblo por putas. No habíamos podido informar antes porque hubo un temblor de la ..."
:lol:

Just did a Google translation on this and here are the results and we obviously are missing somehting in the translation because to me is sounds like they arrested the tremblor:

TREMOR The municipal delegate of a small town of the coasts of the Pacific of Baja California, receives an urgent telegram that says: “Telluric Movement trepidatorio detectadoen their zone. To locate epicenter and to inform dealteraciones with the flora and the fauna”. Several weeks later the answer arrives from the municipal delegate: “Epicenter was located and arrested, he is confeso and imprisoned, we waited for superior orders. Telluric it was left dead in the place of the facts. Trepidatorio and other 15 cabrones occurred to lafuga, but we followed them close by. To the Flora and the Fauna we ran them of the town by putas. We had not been able to inform before because there was a tremor of the one…”

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 1-15-2007 at 08:57 PM

Try working with a dictionary. Online translators are worse than nothing at all.

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-16-2007 at 06:42 AM

ORALE MANO! Como supiste??? Obviamente tu conoces el delegado aqui! Eso es la mero verdad. Neta.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 01:14 PM

mo0o0o0m...it's EsA es la merA verdad... hehehehe...online translations and dictionaries leave alot to desire...oh well I guess everybody has to learn spanish hehe jokin' :yes:
My my what choice of words...hehe nice one fdt!!! right on the spot for the um...."mayor" if you can call him that...I may just have to run for president next year with...oh well

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 06:57 PM

How about a real translation Oso, Shari or Sirena?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 09:12 AM

It really loses everything, David. I can explain it , but the explanation won't make you laugh. It hinges on the "delegate's" ignorance of scientific terminology and the fact that these terms, all ending in "o", COULD be mistaken for men's names. In English, it just doesn't work. "Movimiento telúrico trepidatorio" correctly translates as "seismic activity" or "vibratory telluric [terrestrial] movement".

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 10:48 AM

The translation would mean one of us getting in trouble for posting bad words hehe and I'm sure lot's of people would be a little ticked of...but Oso is right about the context hehe!!!!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 12:52 PM

I figured... I thought there would be an English 'equivalent' perhaps?

I do speak some Spanish and I could see this was 'salty' language...:lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 01:01 PM

As Oso said, It can be translated but it looses the funny part. I've given up on translating with Mrs. ferna because it's just not funny and the same thing happens if it's originaly in English, it's just not funny in Spanish. A cultural difference?

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 01:17 PM
Ok, you asked for it, here goes

The major of a small pacific coast community on Baja California receives an urgent telegram that sais:
Vibratory Telluric trepidatory movement detected in your zone. Locate epicenter and inform of alterations in Flora and Fauna.
Several weeks later the answer from the major arrives;
Epicenter located and arrested, has confessed and is imprisoned, we await superior orders.Telluric was dead at the scene of the crime. Trepidatory and 15 other sons of bit-hes escaped but we are following close behind. As for Flora and Fauna we ran them out of town for beeing ho-s. Sorry we did not reply sooner but we had a hughe f-ck-ng earthquake

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 02:04 PM

I think you have a mayor with a good sense of humor.

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.