Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: La Paz - must do's
bobw
Junior Nomad

Mood: Tired of the city

[*] posted on 1-16-2007 at 07:18 PM
La Paz - must do's

So, I've got a couple of weeks before we fly to La Paz to hang out for a couple of weeks. It'll be our first time on the Baja

For all you seasoned Bajamians... what are the things that just have to be done?

I figure whale watching, snorkelling, scuba, laying out on a few beaches... but after that... might want a back up plan or two for bad weather, etc

Thanks for any suggestions...
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 1-16-2007 at 07:23 PM

Top three...............
Eat; Drink, take a nap!!!!
oh, and don't forget to take off your watch.......no need for time.......as an old timer fireman told me:
"eat till you are sleepy, then sleep till you are hungry"
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2007 at 08:44 PM

Lots of walking! La Paz is a city, and while people come to Baja for water and mountain activities, You are visiting a really wonderful urban center, so do the nature things, but see the city too. The malecon is beautiful for walking, eating (especially ice cream at la fuente), shopping and people watching. But go up the hill into the real downtown. Walk around the plaza area and the centro neighborhoods-- the more you walk the more you see!

Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 1-16-2007 at 08:48 PM

Come to Todos Santos and have a look around. Easy drive, lovely town... great places to have lunch, great art galleries.

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2007 at 08:51 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=21056

Therianthropic
bobw
Junior Nomad

Mood: Tired of the city

[*] posted on 1-16-2007 at 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Supino
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=21056

I was going to start a separate thread for where to eat in La Paz. To me one of the main reasons to be in a different place is to eat different food.

I did know about Tres Virgenes from reading the boards.... will definitely make a point of there.

Other plans include an ungodly amount of fish tacos, shrimp tacos, the odd beer, the even beer, and margaritas....

I guess I can throw Carnaval on the list as well as we will be down throughout the period.

So lets keep the suggestions flowing.. might as well throw in the restaurant/taco stand/food cart must do's as well....
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2007 at 09:09 PM

the Hermanos Gonzalez street stand for tacos. They also have a place where you walk upstairs in a painted brick wall but the street stand is much better. I'm sorry I don't know the street name, but ask around. Maybe another Nomad can help:)

twogringos
Nomad

Mood: I feel more like I do now than I ever have before

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 10:59 AM

Paula wrote:
"the Hermanos Gonzalez street stand for tacos. They also have a place where you walk upstairs in a painted brick wall but the street stand is much better."

Honos. Gonzalez is a block and a half up from the Burger King. The street is one-way to the Malecon and there is little parking. Better to walk.
Other places: Go to the south west end of the Malecon. Left on De Leon one block is Rancho Viejo for carne asada, or jog right and go three blocks to La Costa for the best seafood. Breakfast and mainland style food try La Fonda at Bravo and Revolucion - three blocks up from Applebee's.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.