Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Cuautinchan, Puebla
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 06:09 PM

Oso,IMHO the time has come. Do you know where Villa Hidalgo is? It is on the rio yaqui. I know your wife is from Sonora also.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 06:11 PM

Germany also has historical ties to Mexico. I'd like to hear about both trips.

Oso, this is a thought, although I really prefer things as they are now. I do hope the mainland category wouldn't be a isolated as Off-topic, as it is bound to be more pleasant and worthy of inclusion:lol::lol:

Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 06:15 PM

Rio yaqui, and Minnow.:lol:

145545.jpg - 41kB

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 06:21 PM

What's your point, Minnow?
Do all the discussions about weather in all parts of the world need to be deleted because they arn't "BAJA"? Or, all the references to Home Depot in San Diego?
How about the mention's of politics in Mexico City and Washington?
Do these things not qualify for discussion?

Are digital cameras , "Baja"?
How about gas refrigerators or durable tires?

It's all mentioned here and it's all Baja.
You are Baja, even though you dont live here. Why would you attack a fellow Nomad for posting a beautiful foto, regardless of the content?
What kind of arrogance is that?
k1w1
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 06:39 PM
:)

hows about a section for Morro Bay?:lol:
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Why would you attack a fellow Nomad for posting a beautiful foto, regardless of the content?
What kind of arrogance is that?

:lol::lol::lol:

When I go on the attack you will know it.

My point is, where does it stop? This is supposed to be a baja website. I guess the owner, and moderator will be the final decision makers, but don't shoot the messenger. IMHO, the anarchists photo is not that great anyway.:lol:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 09:22 PM

Minnow... remember your deal to have fun here again...? No attacking Nomads. Play nice... Let the moderators do their job, and don't worry about others breaking the rules.

'academicanachist' is a published historian, has a PhD, etc. I am sure he knows that those churches are not in Baja...

Nomads requested he share his voyages outside of Baja to us... Let the moderators decide if it belongs here... There surely isn't another forum for this Nomad to post as Off Topic is a disaster for people who use politics for personal warfare... last time I looked (2 years ago!).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 09:39 PM

Just so you guys don't think I am biased because academicanachist is a friend of mine:

To AA, how about tying them in to Baja to make them legit? Like that was a Jesuit church that Salvatierra or Urgate was at before going to Baja... Or, Junipero Serra studied or rested here when he walked across Mexico before crossing to Loreto in 1769...?

[Edited on 1-18-2007 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2007 at 09:46 PM

AA's posts are wonderful. We are lucky to see them. Let's not make him play games to be "legitimate".

Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Nomads requested he share his voyages outside of Baja to us... Let the moderators decide if it belongs here.

From what I know you asked for specific permission to post reports from AA's south america trip.

I guess that gives him a lifetime pass to post whatever:lol:

Lookup the definition of Anarchist. Certainly rule 1. is no more important than any other to someone who would call himself that.:lol::lol:

FYI, I am having fun. Some of my fellow posters don't seem to be though.:saint:

[Edited on 18-1-2007 by Minnow]

[Edited on 18-1-2007 by Minnow]

s_051424.jpg - 2kB

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 07:54 AM

Minnow ---
Can you make that image a bit larger so us old folks can see it?

Sorry I growled at you back there. I was having a bad day.
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 09:41 AM

No worries! The picture is of one of the Rocks that sits off punta banda on a particularly rough day. I will try again.

pic150.jpg - 31kB

Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 06:33 PM

Hola Me-no,
Y saludos a tu media naranja.
Actually, although our wives may be paisanas in the larger context, mine is from Hidalgo the State, not the town and a fur piece from Sonora. Her hometown is Ixmiquilpan, center of the Otomi people and site of one of the oldest churches on the continent, pictures of which posted by AA awhile back. Glad you agree, a "Mainland" forum would not be that disruptive. Most here would still be primarily focused on Baja, but many like to also discuss San Carlos, Copper Canyon etc. It's up to Doug.

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2007 at 08:30 PM

'Mainland Mexico' forum here would be a great idea!

academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 01:45 AM
Historic churches

This part of the forum deals with historic sites and related stuff. I have been posting shots of historic churches from central Mexico, particularly 16th century churches, because they were the historic precursors to the Baja California missions. There is a direct connection between the 16th century fortress convents and missionary methods developed in central Mexico, and the frontier missions in Baja California, Sonora, Paraguay, and elsewhere. It all relates to the discussion of the origins and development of Spanish missions.
academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 01:47 AM
Jesuit Church in Macao

PS. The shot Minnow posted of the Jesuit church ruin in Macao is more germane then he perhaps realizes.
academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2007 at 06:06 AM
Portuguese Jesuits

I am in Mexico this weekend, but wanted to add comments to my earlier posts. The Jesuit church in Macao was part of a larger parallel Jesuit enterprise in India, China, and Japan under Portuguese sponsorship. The most important Jesuit saint, Saint Francis Xavier, was an early participant in this venutre, and is buried in Goa, India, which was the headquarters of the Portuguese Estado do India. San Francisco Javier mission in Baja California was named for him, and there are many similarly named Jesuit missions in Spanish America. A group of Jesuits were martyred in Japan in the early 17th century during an anti-Christian purge. One of the Paraguay missions was named Los Santos Martires de Japon. The Society of Jesus was an international order, and to understand the group of Baja California missions it is useful to view the larger history.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.