Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Camping In Bay Of L.A.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 1-24-2007 at 06:58 PM

If your really mean "camping" then follow my advice.
If you are looking for an establishment like Gecko (which was very good and our guys used last year) then follow the others advice.

Primitive camping just north of the spit at La Gringa is wonderful!
There is a sheltered cove and you can camp down below or up on the bluff if there is not a wind factor.

To reach this site just drive past the La Gringa spit, through some pretty trashy scattered dumpsites, and watch for the first roads heading out to the bay. They all sort of end up at the same place.

We may be out there the last week of March, so look out, we have been know to send aerial assault missiles out against those who enter the area without proper identification..... (just ask Eltgatoloco- we bombed him pretty good a couple years ago.... sorry Matt)

Oh yeah, almost forgot, some shaggy looking guys will drive up and ask for rental money. They are seriously negotiable. Anything more that about $10 a night is ridiculous, start at $5. (US)
burritomama
Junior Nomad

Mood: asi asi

[*] posted on 1-24-2007 at 09:20 PM

Yes, La Gringa camping gives you solitude - you can also take the road much further north it winds inland and then back to the coast. Some primo spots up there.

We'll be up next montha dn then again in June - any later is too hot for us.

Antonio and Bety habla mucho ingles at Archelon - and put up with my poor espanol.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-24-2007 at 10:40 PM

One of those isolated coves north of La Gringa is where the Humfreville's lived one summer, as told in Mike's new book, 'In the Shadow of the Volcano'.

humfreville.JPG - 50kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 1-24-2007 at 10:54 PM

Man that must have been on ehot summer when Mike lived there, its so hot over there!;D Im in car sales by the way David...and Carol is cool, her house is almost done in castillos del mar...

READY SET.....................
SoCalAl
Nomad

Mood: Hungry

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 01:15 PM

Hello All,
Once again the Baja Nomads are very helpful.. Thank You all... I will work around the info I recieved.

4Baja are you planning on being there in July???

Al

Ahh Baja.... Where you can hear yourself think & commingling with the locals will humble you.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
One of those isolated coves north of La Gringa is where the Humfreville's lived one summer, as told in Mike's new book, 'In the Shadow of the Volcano'.

An excellent read for any lover of Baja. Mike is truly missed by many here!

Ken
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-25-2007 at 06:26 PM

Feb. 10, in Glendale... a place for Mike's friends and fans to be....

Humfreville Glendale-r.GIF - 28kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajalover
Nomad

Mood: Strongly - Missing Baja

[*] posted on 1-26-2007 at 10:13 AM

David,
Thanks for the invitation to remember Michael's life. Ironically, I'll be trailering it in Bahia De Los Angeles at that time - 2/7 - 3/10. At 2PM I'll go to the cemetery, maybe some other nomads will be there as well. Shall send a report.

Sometimes you really do question; why you are and where you are.
howat
Junior Nomad

Mood: Retire Feb 2010

[*] posted on 1-26-2007 at 12:41 PM

Last November asked for help to get a reservation at Campo Archelon for 3/15-22. Mike was the only one that responded and was kind enough to use his valuable time and go to Antonio's and personally set up a reservation for a complete stranger. Was looking forward to meeting this exceptional man after I got down there. It was only a few days later i read the heart break news. I will visit him while I'm down there and say thanks.

Dennis
aka Halibut Howie
Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 1-30-2007 at 09:40 PM

It makes me sad reading this but I guess this is part of life and Ill definitely

stop by at Mikes grave next time I visit Ruben and Amanda Daggett...Ill be

there then............

READY SET.....................
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.