Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Todos Santos RV Park ?
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2007 at 06:24 PM
Todos Santos RV Park ?

Anyone been to El Padrito in Todos Santos lately ?
Wondering what shape the RV park is in these days.
Thanks for any RECENT info.
Cameron
Nomad

Mood: Thirsty!

sad.gif posted on 1-29-2007 at 09:38 AM
RV Park Info...

Sorry, but the RV Park at San Pedrito is closed. The land has been sold, and there will supposedly be new homes built there soon.
It sure seems like a pretty bad place to build to me though. About 90% of the former RV Park sits in the lowest part of the arroyo, and I've seen the whole place under 2 or 3 feet of water twice in the last 6 or 7 years.
I wonder how long it'll be before one of the new places gets washed into the ocean???
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2007 at 11:09 AM

Cameron........So sorry to here San Pedrito R.V. park has closed. It was a nice workingmans retreat. We had alot of nice times there over the years. Do you know if there is any other spots similar to that for camping around Todos Santos? Thank You.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2007 at 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Crusoe
Cameron........So sorry to here San Pedrito R.V. park has closed. It was a nice workingmans retreat. We had alot of nice times there over the years. Do you know if there is any other spots similar to that for camping around Todos Santos? Thank You.

This is a tough one. San Pedrito was great.

There's a place in Todos I looked at recently: El Litro. If you're down this way anyway, just drop by. Past the Pemex leaving town, a few blocks up the hill, look for a sign on the right, and turn right for a couple blocks.

They have full hookup and looked like they weren't filled. But, that can change.

The only way to reserve a spot, in advance, is sending a fax to the Hotel California, care of ''Jill Logan" asking for the fax to be given to the Manager of the El Litro. No phone there and the ''request'' might not mean anything if the place is filled.

It's slim pickings in this town. Don't know why. Good luck.

P.S. I'm not online much. If you want to give me a specific date and length of stay, I can check things out. I'm down the road from Jill Logan's Studio.

:cool:

[Edited on 1-30-2007 by Lee]
Cameron
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2007 at 01:40 PM
RV Parks...

Quote:
Originally posted by Crusoe

Hi Crusoe!
Like Lee said, there's not too much to choose from.
If you're partial to the San Pedrito area and you need a hookup for your RV, you might try to get ahold of the San Pedrito Surf Hotel. It's just a few hundred meters down the beach from the old RV Park, just past the stairs. I haven't been by since Cyril sold it ("Casa Cyrene") last year, but he used to have space for 2 or 3 mid-sized RV's to park. No pull-through spots, but I think if you're under 30 feet you'd be OK.
I don't know of anywhere else in the area where there's a full-on beachside RV Park like the old ones at San P and Cerritos. :(
Suerte! C
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2007 at 02:50 PM

Gracias Cameron and Lee for all the great information. We will find something this year in Todos Santos, as it is always the highlight of our Baja trips.:coolup::coolup:
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2007 at 03:36 PM

Try one called ?El Morro near town and also the Pescadera Surf Camp - see their website
Cameron
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2007 at 07:43 PM
El Morro???

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Try one called ?El Morro near town and also the Pescadera Surf Camp - see their website

Haven't heard of El Morro. Do you mean Los Arcos? Next door to Mini Super Los Arcos in Pescadero? Just curious... C
Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 1-30-2007 at 08:45 PM

Whats that RV park, palapas park called the one with a pool?

I havent been there in 6years?

Thanks right past punta lobos?:D

READY SET.....................
Cameron
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2007 at 11:13 PM
RV Park...

Quote:
Originally posted by Von
Whats that RV park, palapas park called the one with a pool?

I havent been there in 6years?

Thanks right past punta lobos?:D

Sorry Von, but I think you're thinking of the (now closed) San Pedrito RV Park.
The pool was filled in w/sand & mud, and most of the park destroyed by hurricane Juliette about 7 years ago. Most of the park was rebuilt within a year or so, but then 3 different storms in the same year (Marti, Nora, and Olaf???) flooded/buried the whole place again.
They finally gave up on the pool, along with most of the RV hookups a few years ago, but still had camping and the bar/restaurant up until 2006.
The land has been sold, and as far as I know, there's going to be new homes built there in the future. :(
Just my 2p worth... C

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.