BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Keeping tourist card....
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2004 at 11:14 AM
Keeping tourist card....

When I fly AeroCA to Baja they always collect the tourist card they so nicely included in the cost of my airfare. As I am planning on going back again (NOT via AeroCA) within a couple of months I'm wondering if there's a way I can get the airlines to allow me to keep the tourist card. Suggestions?

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-8-2004 at 03:19 PM

When I go to Mexico by air they always take my tourist card on the way out and it can cause a delay if you have lost it. When going by car they don't seem to care. On multiple trips to the mainland and Baja they have never collected it upon exiting and it has never been an issue. Heck, I keep the thing and use it to go back and forth until it expires. Works for me anyway......

Chris C. :cool:
Brian Hadcock

[*] posted on 1-10-2004 at 01:51 PM

In a word "NO". I have flown out of Cabo for a family matter afer arriving in my motor home. The first thing they did when I checking in at the airport was to take away my tourist card. I complained as I was to return in two weeks. The gentleman explained that I was to turn in my card and upon my return I would be issued another. Which in fact happened, and ofcourse I was charged again, but hey they have to make money and it is a small price to pay for the time I spend in such a wonderful place. And as the previous comments when travelling by vehicle I have never been asked to turn in my card as I exited the country. And used it to re-enter at a later date (still with in the card dates). Hope this helps alittle.
Brian
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2004 at 03:39 PM
Thanks Chris and Brian...

...for the responses. Yeah, Brian, I agree the cost is small and well worth it. Just trying to get the most for my $, haha.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.