BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Best place to hide my Pistol?
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 2-4-2007 at 10:29 AM
Minnow Better Dead ?

While I might understand that ending up in a Mexican or Prison "Might" turn out to be a fate worse than Death, it isn't always so. If that really is your position, why not have it both ways ? Carry the weapon well-hidden (pretty easy if you're willing to give up on easy access), use it if necessary to take out the Bad Guy(s), but be sure to save one round in the event the Policia catches up with you. At that time, you can make the "Dead" or otherwise decision.

The best and most reliable method is to place the barrel in your mouth. Anywhere else and there is danger of surviving in one state or another.

Buena Suerte.
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 2-4-2007 at 10:37 AM

Bill, you are one funny guy.:rolleyes:

It seems somewhere in your vast intellectual learnings the term figure of speech was left out.

Please, in the future, don't try and think so hard on my behalf.:biggrin:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 2-4-2007 at 11:01 AM

A friend. who is into cowboy shooting and Baja, told me of the time he was trying to fall asleep in his motorhome while camped at SLC, and shoved his hand between two pillows. Well, suffice it to say the next day a very expensive pistol found itself in a watery grave. Folks, if you travel in the states with arms, it probably is a good idea to go through your vehicle before you head to Mexico.:lol:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 2-4-2007 at 11:16 AM
Key Chains AND Being Surprised by What You Find.

I've got a couple of those Key Chains with .45ACP decoration. Both are now reserved for use within the U.S. since I had a similar encounter with a Trooper who "questioned" the Dummy Bullet.

Speaking of Ammunition, an OLD (now dead) friend and neighbor once asked me if I had a 30.06 rifle. After I replied Yes, he brought over a couple of WWII era Government issue 30.06 ammo. He said he didn't want to have them around anymore and I could have them to take North.

A few months later, he asked me about them and I told him I'd taken them out in the desert and buried them. While I appreciated the gift, there was NO WAY I was going to take a chance on Mex and U.S. Customs with something I could buy NEW for under 20 bucks. He was insulted. I said "Hey, you got rid of them because you were afraid of being caught, right "?

Once I brought an M1911 .45 into Baja by accident. I had attended a GTE company school which ended the evening before. Since I'm ALWAYS armed when up in the Big City, I had the weapon behind the front seat of my pickup. Hurrying home and loading my gear, I forgot about it. Stopped by the side of the road North of Tecate while my Dogs took care of business, I pulled the seat forward to get at a tool box and, SHOCKED, I looked at the weapon laying there. I unloaded the entire back of my truck, packed the weapon away at the bottom of some clothes and rags, and then reloaded completely. To find it, they were going to have to empty my truck. Returning home, I did the same thing. Luckily, no problem.

[Edited on 2-4-2007 by MrBillM]
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.