BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Between Santa Rosalia & Loreto....where might..
InfoRxMed

[*] posted on 2-19-2007 at 10:06 AM
Between Santa Rosalia & Loreto....where might..

...be the best/ideal place for a NorteAmericano from Phoenix, Az to relocate. :?:
I respect the opinions of those on this board who know Baja Sur inside out ( or, is it upside down?). :?:

" To Err is Human..."
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2007 at 11:40 AM

Punta Chivato

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2007 at 12:01 PM

I have to agree with Captain George. But...... I ain't cheap now. Contact Julieta Medina at: julietabaja@hotmail.com She knows what is what here. Good Luck
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2007 at 12:50 PM

70 ft beachfront lot = 150K bldg 80 sq. scared me off!

no electricity pila water 9 mile dirt road in

but it sure is purdy!

Julieta a world of info and a great lady! good luck

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2007 at 12:59 PM

San Nicholas
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2007 at 01:02 PM

go to google:

punta chivato julieta

longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2007 at 01:41 PM

:o:o NOBODY bothered to ask what services/medical facilities/amenities/distance to closest airport they need.:o:o Are they looking for remote, far from the beaten path? Close to big city life? Any need for a vet? How's their health? Do they want waterfront? Sleepy little fishing village atmosphere? The Opera??:lol: Pacific side? Sea of Cortez side? Does wind bother them? Heat? IMHO, these & many other things on their "want list" might have a tad bit of bearing on the best-suited locations for their needs.:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2007 at 02:23 PM

BETWEEN SANTA ROSALIA & LORETO

nobody bothered to ask, including the asker:lol:

BTW :light:I'm getting anagitator in my swimming pool for dishes and laundry.

don't have that in Chivato!:cool:

InfoRxMed

[*] posted on 2-19-2007 at 02:29 PM
Santa Rosalia to Loreto on the Sea of Cortez

I did leave the question(s) somewhat open-ended as I am trying to define my needs even as we discuss. Thanks for replies to date.

" To Err is Human..."
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2007 at 05:55 PM

so? getting any better educated?

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2007 at 01:13 AM
location location location

Best Bet: Come down here and look about. The advice holds true-- spend a year in an area before you buy to see if you really like it, or spend as much time as you need to really get the feel of a place after the initial rush of romance.

As for amenities/services: There is a very good veterinarian in Santa Rosalia (see post in "General")

Good Luck and Happy Trails
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 3-1-2007 at 08:42 AM

InfoRXMed. If your from Scottsdale area, or Surprise area of Phoenix I'll trade you my home in Loreto area for your place, depending upon mutual needs and value's. Or a Dell WEbb development. U2U me if your interested. Aren't chat rooms great?????

[Edited on 3-1-2007 by Phil S]
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2007 at 02:10 PM

I would second the suggestion to just move down there and rent for awhile. You may decide on a different area. Also if you live there you might hear of properties available that are a better deal than you could find long distance.

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2007 at 09:51 AM

This question is so open ended it is funny. Where is the best place in the US to live between Denver and Seattle?
Every area is very different and has a whole different personality. I have some good friends at Punta Chivato but would not seriously consider living there until I buy a tank for the road. (Just Kidding):o A lot of people really like Mulege but it is entirely too touristy for my tastes, but it obviously works for a whole lot of people, I think that Loreto is going the way of Cabo San Lucas so it has been pretty much spoiled from my perspective. But the advice to come down, rent, and look over all the areas is from someone who really understands the diversity of what is available. We did that for over 7 years before we finally decided on our current property and there were no surprises when we finally moved in.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.