BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Catavina area exploring trip.
Corky1
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2004 at 07:56 AM
Catavina area exploring trip.

Catavina motorcycle & hiking & exploring trip. re- post from, Thu, 15 January 2004 19:00

Any one interested?? GPS proficient riders needed!!

I will be at Catavina (Rancho Santa Inez) starting Feb 16, for 7 to 10 days.
Depending how my body and bikes hold up.

Will be exploring mission Santa Maria, Jaraguay, Las Arrastras, the old Camino Real, arroyo Santa Maria, and arroyo San Luis Alfredo.

My plan is to try and connect some existing trails together so as not to have to ride any pavement when making a circular M/C ride around the nothern portion of Baja.

I will mainly doing day rides out of Santa Inez.

Maybe a two day ride to Gonzaga for some exploring down there.

All welcome, can use all the help I can get.

Corky corkyabc@juno.com

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
"Keep the rubber side down"

Corky1
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2004 at 05:30 PM

Trip cancelled.
No takers to ride with me.
Don't do Baja alone. Corky:biggrin::biggrin:
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2004 at 05:57 PM

Corky any chance of you hooking up with the group in San Felipe for the ride to matomi. It would be nice to have you along...Paul
Corky1
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 09:53 AM

I was thinking about joining you folks. The headquarters boss said "No way, Valentine day"
Family day.
Maybe next time.
Corky
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 04:52 PM

Corky I'm giving my wife the best valentine day dinner. Fish tacos and a caguama of pacifico. ha ha ha
No, actually I was thinking of taking here to the langosta rojo and then back to camp for a fire and champagne maybe some Alejandro Fernandez for back gorund music... Anyway maybe next time. I'll be back in baja March 26th-April 2 let me know if your doing any ridding down there then. we will be from San francisquito to san felipe with stops in BOLA and gonzaga...Take care Paul
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2004 at 07:16 PM

Corky, I would have joined you but Feb. is a hard time for me to get away from work. Let us know when you might try it again. I don't ride as much as I use to mostly due to a lack of riding buddies. But I do enjoy riding Baja especially new sections etc. I think the El Volcan wash has possibilities as a cross over trail and I would like to ride the Bill Nichols trail that was mentioned on here.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 08:51 AM
Although I am not a biker myself,

I have a lot of friends that are and they make trips regularly to many areas down here. If you guys are just lacking riding buddies, I can probably hook you up with some real nice people who are serious riders.
Corky1
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2004 at 12:51 PM

Thanks JR.
The trip I planed was a bit long for most people.
Hard for them to get away for that period of time.
Did you get my e-mail?? Corky :biggrin: :biggrin:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.