Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: "Warm Jackets for Cold Kids"
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2004 at 12:18 PM
"Warm Jackets for Cold Kids"

Attention to all Posters!!

there is still a need for Warm Jackets of all Sizes for the Kids at Constitution{About 80 miles south of Loreto on the way to La Paz.
Buy and old Suitcase at Goodwill, fill it with Jackets and drop it by the Hospital General in Cuidad Constitution{one block off the Hwy}
Dr. Rennee Hibiff will deliver the Jackets to the most needy through his Social Worker.

It is better to take small amounts, a suitcase at a time.
It gets real cold even in the Summer months when the on shore flow comes in from the Pacific.
thank You and God Bless You.

Skeet/LOreto
sonrisa@dospalos.org
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2004 at 08:37 PM
Cold kids

Skeet, in my opinion the kids in the mountains who's parents don't have the possibility of a job, as most of the people in C.Constitucion do, need the jackets a lot more than the city folks. One reason being it is much colder in the mountains.
Another reason being they don't have the access to the tourist gifts and ayuda that the pueblos along the Carretera and beaches have.
I willl try and stop and talk to your friend and see what he thinks of what I am saying but having just spent a week up there again, I realized the need because of my freezin arse while I was there. And I have stuff to keep warm with. Those guys don't.
And I must admit, I had no idea of how cold this tropical paradise gets!

[Edited on 1-29-2004 by jrbaja]
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2004 at 10:36 AM

jrbaja: The jackets do not go to the Kids in the City. they go to the very poor working out on the Land toward San Carlos and then up Ingsuentes. they are the poorest of the poor some what similar to the Indians around San Quintin just South of Los Pinos.
Please do stop and see Dr. Hibiff he is a great friend and is a 32 Degree Mason as I am .Skeet/Loreto
baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2004 at 01:18 PM
Warm Jackets

Several of us spent a week and over 300 miles of almost no roads in mid December from Laguna San Igancio to San Juanico on the pacific. We took three large truck loads of warm clothes to the fishing camps, boarding schools and mountain towns. The weather was cool to cold and the people really needed them. We also took rice, beans and flour to give out where needed. When we finished at La Purisima we were out.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2004 at 05:51 PM

Steve: God bless you! I would like to extend this "Warm Jackets for Cold Kids" to other parts of Baja Sur.
did you get to an Estary South of San Janico sometimes called San Giorogio?
Would love to hear a report if you make any contact with the people in the Lobster Camps?
As you have seen from your experience that it gets cold where most people going to Baja do not even think about it being Cold. One of those places is Guerrero Negro.
Again Thanks for you good help for some good people. I hope that I may be able to help you some day.

"How great is the Love the Father has Lavished on us that we should be called The Children of God" 1 John 3:1

Skeet/Loreto
baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2004 at 07:32 PM
lobster camps

Skeet we have made some very good friends in thoes camps. We did go to Punta San Gregorio and drove to the camp on the south side and then one of the fishermen took us, clothes and food to the camp on the other side which saved us a several hour drive. The people in the north side are very shy and it was hard to get them to come out of there houses but they finaly did come out and everything went well. We will leave La Paz on tuesday to head north and will be leaving more school supplies and food in some of the villages we know need it. We also will be stopping by the old folks home in Santa Rolslia with food and money for them.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2004 at 09:04 AM

Steve: Thanks for your Report. Keiko,juan , and Sieto, are old time Friends if they are still there.
One time my wife and I were there when two whales washed up across the Estary, we went across and made some contact with the "Shy People".
I think they will be so protected for a number of years!
God Bless You. Skeet/Loreto

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.