Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Back from lovely Agua Verde
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-9-2007 at 07:43 AM
Back from lovely Agua Verde

Weeeee're BAACK! Just back from Agua Verde which was surprisingly FULL with vacationers as were all the beaches...I've NEVER seen so many packed shores ever! Lucky we know a secret beach there. The road was NOT good but it wasn't horrible...just nasty. More bad news about lovely remote beaches folks....we met a family from Constitucion who says they OWN it all privately and will fence it off soon...we'll see about that. We will be panga camping next year I guess and spent the last week looking for a suitable playa near there. I spent the whole time snorkeling, cruising in the pangita and gorfing down my favorite delicacies...URCHINS!!! and oysters, scallops, etc. etc....and doing things we won't mention on this forum!!! I shall send some pics later of the fancy development there...lovely indeed. The funniest thing I saw was the hundreds or maybe thousands of plants in sacks that had to be dug up, put in sacks to be replanted later???? where they are building a bridge...totally silly and I can't even imagine how much time and work that took! Whoa... baja amazes me once again.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Fred
Senior Nomad

Mood: Laid Back

[*] posted on 4-9-2007 at 08:23 AM

Thanks for the update on the road. I love that place.
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 4-9-2007 at 08:29 AM

Shari, welcome back, and hope you had a great easter!!
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2007 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Weeeee're BAACK! Just back from Agua Verde which was surprisingly FULL with vacationers as were all the beaches...I've NEVER seen so many packed shores ever! Lucky we know a secret beach there. The road was NOT good but it wasn't horrible...just nasty. More bad news about lovely remote beaches folks....we met a family from Constitucion who says they OWN it all privately and will fence it off soon...we'll see about that. We will be panga camping next year I guess and spent the last week looking for a suitable playa near there. I spent the whole time snorkeling, cruising in the pangita and gorfing down my favorite delicacies...URCHINS!!! and oysters, scallops, etc. etc....and doing things we won't mention on this forum!!! I shall send some pics later of the fancy development there...lovely indeed. The funniest thing I saw was the hundreds or maybe thousands of plants in sacks that had to be dug up, put in sacks to be replanted later???? where they are building a bridge...totally silly and I can't even imagine how much time and work that took! Whoa... baja amazes me once again.

Shari,

You must be talking about the bridge construction north of San Ignacio. We got a laugh out of that too. Nothing to compare what we go through in CA though.

One job in Eastern SD County had a $750,000 temporary sound barrier fence installed while road building to protect potential nesting Gnatcatchers. When breeding season was over the only Gnatcatchers observed were on the work side of the fence! Exhibitionists I guess.:lol::lol::lol:

Ken
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-9-2007 at 08:45 AM
Agua Verde 1987

Glad you had a good vacation at Agua Verde, shari. We used to boat camp there many moons ago...and later we took campers down the old trail. Always a very nice hideaway and something we looked forward to all year. Great times and memories from there. Thanks for the update and sharing the fun.

Here's what the beach and little bay looked like where we used to shore camp. That's the old Green Tortoise Bus camped there, too. Do you recognize this place?..and if so, has it changed much today?

I have a couple other old Agua Verde pics I am looking at now...good times, good memories. Thanks for reminding me of them today.

-1 agua verde pics (3) (Custom).jpg - 37kB

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.