BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Satellite installer in Loreto?
bajameerkat

[*] posted on 4-21-2007 at 07:13 PM
Satellite installer in Loreto?

Can anyone recommend a Satellite installer in Loreto? I have the gear (dish) but need someone to install it on the roof of a house and tune it properly.

I've tried tuning it in the past but I suck at it - I spend hours just to get a weak signal and generally give up... :(

BajaMeerkat
http://loreto.ehuna.org

[Edited on 4-22-2007 by bajameerkat]
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 07:46 AM

We had our Sky dish put up by the Sky dealer on Calle Heroes. It's at an internet cafe behind (north of) the Calle Juarez Pemex. They've done two installations for us, and they've been trouble free for about four years. I believe they will install other system dishes.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 08:24 AM

For satellite internet or TV you probably want to contact Los Frailes. He is going through Loreto on Monday on his way to San Juanico and might be able to take care of you on the way or back. Try LosFrailes@hughes.net or call at52-615-160-1009
bajameerkat

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 11:03 AM

Don, thanks for the info. Do you have the Sky Dealer's phone number by any chance? I speak a bit of Spanish.

Pescador, I talked to losfrailes and he was very helpful - he sounds like he knows his stuff. We'll be in Loreto only beggining of May so we'll miss him next week.

Thanks Nomads, this forum is great!

BajaMeerkat
http://loreto.ehuna.org
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2007 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajameerkat
Don, thanks for the info. Do you have the Sky Dealer's phone number by any chance? I speak a bit of Spanish.

Nope. I do have a number for someone named Fidel who does satellite dishes 135-0959, from the gringo phone directory.

bajabird
Nomad

Mood: Always happy

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 01:29 PM

Go to cafe oles around 9am, ask the locals about "Gringo"

bajameerkat

[*] posted on 5-28-2007 at 07:27 PM

Just a quick update on this thread: for the HughesNet internet service, I ended up calling Los Frailes. He was expensive, but made the system work.

If anyone's interested in satellite internet service, I wrote up an article with more details here:

http://loreto.ehuna.org/archives/000228.html

bajabird: thanks for the tip, but I was in Loreto beggining of May, so only saw your post about "Gringo" after coming back to the States.

For TV service, my Dish Network setup is still not working. I have an 8 foot dish that worked well in Todos Santos, but it's not yet working in Loreto, so we'll try to see if "Gringo" can help us out.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 5-29-2007 at 06:24 AM

"Los Frailes. He was expensive, but made the system work."

hahahaha:lol::lol::lol:

he lives near santa rosalia and you're in loreto!!!
that's a 2 1/2 hour drive EACH way!!!

"you play you pay" :lol::lol:

ps...vonage is ONLY good some of the time...on SAT

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
hookemup
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2007 at 03:14 PM

Expensive is a relative term. "Los Frailes" put in our system, and drove a long day to Cabo Pulmo to do it. It was the best deal I ever got in Baja. Plus it took a direct hit from John and fired right up when we got back. I wish my roof had done as well. Maybe we could talk him into a sideline, like expensive palapas.
bajameerkat

[*] posted on 6-1-2007 at 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
"Los Frailes. He was expensive, but made the system work."

hahahaha:lol::lol::lol:

he lives near santa rosalia and you're in loreto!!!
that's a 2 1/2 hour drive EACH way!!!

"you play you pay" :lol::lol:

ps...vonage is ONLY good some of the time...on SAT

Yeah, I know. I'm happy with the service and the system is working great.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.