Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja Home Insusurnace?
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2007 at 08:06 AM
Baja Home Insusurnace?

I am curious if anyone in San Felipe has Home Owners Insurance and if so, where did you get it and how much is it??
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 5-3-2007 at 08:13 AM

We have it through MAPFRE. www.mapfretepeyac.com
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 5-3-2007 at 08:14 AM

I got mine through Discover Baja, under $300 annualy including earthquake coverage for $100,000 coverage included two homes and one garage on same property. Some people in the area go through ING through Lynda in town.

You have to have an FM-3 to validate your insurance.

They told me they handled many claims in Mulege after Hurricane John.

Any feedback on those claims from Discover Baja?

[Edited on 5-3-2007 by BajaWarrior]

[Edited on 5-3-2007 by BajaWarrior]

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2007 at 08:23 AM

I have it thru Alanis agency, San Felipe, don't remember the actual company. I have had a claim, a shed and contents destroyed by fire. They weren't quite as fast as I would have liked - but really not bad - 6 weeks from fire to check in hand - and paid way more than I expected since the shed wasn't listed as covered in the policy. Very happy with agent and company.

Side note - Agent said that settlement had been deposited in his account, but he hadn't received the paper work. I was leaving town that day so he wrote me a check and said we'd take care of the papers later.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
bajabird
Nomad

Mood: Always happy

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 01:19 PM

Is having insurance really worth anything? I mean come on, are you ever really gonna get paid on anything that youve alread given an insurance company money for?

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabird
Is having insurance really worth anything? I mean come on, are you ever really gonna get paid on anything that youve alread given an insurance company money for?

See my post above.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

bajabird
Nomad

Mood: Always happy

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 03:56 PM

Good for you Lou, I have never heard of a happy recipient of a baja claim before. I myself have no burnable material stored or in structure. There has also been much debate on auto policies....

longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2007 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabird

Have you ever been through a hurricane here??? Yes, in MY opinion, homeowner's insurance is a small price to pay to protect your home & possessions. Not everyone has a vacation casita, some of us live here full-time & have all our possessions here. Ditto on car insurance in a country where so many aren't insured & drive beaters! Maybe if you're in the Bill Gates or Donald Trump stratosphere, you can afford to go without & replace whatever whenever!
BajaDave
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 10:13 AM

Do any of these homeowner policies cover contents in event of burglary? If so, what kind of deductibles are there for that?
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 04:32 PM

Each policy is different, but they do cover theft from break in. Different deductables could be set - check with the carrier.

No Bad Days

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.