Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ready to Race
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2007 at 07:21 AM
Ready to Race

Subject: 2007 TC Husqvarna's for Rent for the Baja 1000 Off Road Race to Cabo San Lucas

BAJA HUSKYS LLC HUSQVARNA RENTALS
FOR THE 2007 SCORE BAJA 1000 OFF ROAD RACE
NOVEMBER 2007
http://bajahuskys.com/. Go to Race Rentals

Race the famous Baja 1000 off road race, this year to” Cabo San Lucas”, Mexico. Race along courses made famous by Malcolm Smith, JN Roberts, Rolf Tibblin, Larry Roseler and many other Husky pilots over the last four decades of off road racing in Baja California. Claim your glory aboard a rented, 2007 Husqvarna TC four stroke, 250, 450 or 510 motorcycles.

These bikes come with an IMS 3.9 gallon fuel tank, GPR stabilizer, Pro Taper bars with Cycra hand guards, BRP chain guide, O-ring chain, Rally Logger, Baja Designs Tecate HID headlight & twin HID 8” headlights, electric start, Dunlop tires front and rear, Bridgestone Ultra HD tubes, 2 extra air cleaners, full Rooster Protection and a complete extra set of front & rear wheels.

Your rental fee includes a fully prepped bike from the ground up with everything you see above. Plus for the Baja 1000, this price includes 22 pits and fuel for your race bike at every pit used. If you run your own pits, take off $900 from the race rental price when ordering. For the 2007 Baja 1000 only, the rental fees are as follows.

1. The rental time is for fourteen (14) calendar days.
2. $10,900 for a fully prepped Husqvarna with pits and 100-octane race fuel to win your class on. Rental fees are to be paid in full, NLT 60 calendar days prior to the event date at a minimum. They are only forty percent (40%) refundable up to 45 days prior to the race event start date. The earlier you rent from Baja Huskys, the earlier we can start preparing your Husqvarna race bike to win.
3. $7,500 Security deposit for broken parts or if the bike is lost or stolen. This is due 30 calendar days before the race date, paid in full with Cashiers checks, Postal Money Orders, Pay Pal or cash. Personal checks allow 45 days to clear.
Security deposit is fully refundable 30 calendar days after the scheduled return date, minus any repairs that are needed or the bike not being returned. So don’t delay! Get your order in now and race the Baja 1000. It is a once in a lifetime race you wont want to miss! Racing it on a 2007 Husqvarna motorcycle will make it that much better! GO HUSKY!
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2007 at 07:30 AM

$11,000 (rental)
+$ 7,500 (deposit)
= $18,500

Your photo with the TECATE and COLA DANCING GIRLS.....priceless

Wonder how much the charge for a Class 1 or trophy truck.....I read from time to time drivers have rented them.....
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 5-7-2007 at 07:32 AM

If you have to ask you can't afford it:bounce:
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2007 at 10:40 AM

Seems like you could BUY a bike for much less......
:yes:
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2007 at 10:55 AM

The 250 lists for $5,999. Then you add all the upgrades - tank etc and it becomes a bit pricier. Teh 510 is $6,998 list.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2007 at 11:19 AM

I wonder how many, if any, will do it.

For under $10,000 you can buy a new Honda and do any upgrades needed and buy their pits for the race and still have a few dollars left.

Wide Open Baja has a limited number of their BC race cars that you can reserve for the Baja 1000 but I don't know what it would cost.

Lots of car and truck racers will rent you seat time but I don't think the top racers do it. By top racers I mean the guys looking for the OA or need a win for a class championship.
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 5-7-2007 at 02:57 PM

I believe a BC car runs about 50K. Then if you break something you can add that on too.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2007 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
I believe a BC car runs about 50K. Then if you break something you can add that on too.

A neighbor's kids are doing a BC car. Forget the cost for the 1000, but they have to set up a guarantee for 70K for damage/destruction of the car.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2007 at 07:16 AM

For $70K Lou we could run your buggie and stay in the Ritz.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2007 at 07:26 AM

You're on Tom - lets go

No Bad Days

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-9-2007 at 07:03 AM

actually i think the total out of pocket for a BC ride is about $12K per entry and they put 2 to a rig. Please someone correct me if i am wrong.

not a bad deal if you think about what rreal owners must pay. sort of "leasing a race opp"

and with a guarantee in place you just get a side insurance policy.
i hope to do it sometime. i think it would be a fantastic way to blow $6K!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 5-11-2007 at 08:57 PM

We've had several BC cars broken down in our pits over the years. Drug Scott Hammel (sp) aka Luke Skywalker out of the arroyo next to our pit for the 1000 2 years ago with a broken transaxel in a BC car. He yacked it up with us untill the chase crew showed up. He said it was 65K which I have heard before and they had 6 people on the car. The chase trucks were there, 10 miles up course from Cohobuzo junction within 30 minutes from them making the sat phone call. 2 trucks, 2 mechanics, 2 comfort personel. The wrenches worked on the car for a bit and declared it DOA and the comfort guys loaded up Luke and the co-dog and disappeared into the dark. The other 2 guys sat around the fire for a few hours, flipped a coin to see who got to eat dirt for 45 miles to the pavement, hooked up the BC car to a strap and took off. Seemed like a total first class deal to us. The cars are pretty serious too, 16" or so of suspension travel, navigation system, souped up Porche power.

[Edited on 5-12-2007 by Gadget]

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 5-12-2007 at 05:14 AM

12k x 6. 72k total. That sounds about right.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.