Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Score Responsibility
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 07:32 PM

Ken and Bob, I am only entering into this frey because of personal involvement in or opinions regarding SCORE racing on the peninsula. Please do not take my opinions as anything personal against you guys... I just want to have all sides heard and some thinking to take place. Let's remain amigos, please! (Ken, so you really did read Marx?!!:lol: )

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Ken and Bob, I am only entering into this frey because of personal involvement in or opinions regarding SCORE racing on the peninsula. Please do not take my opinions as anything personal against you guys... I just want to have all sides heard and some thinking to take place. Let's remain amigos, please! (Ken, so you really did read Marx?!!:lol: )

Amigo's si. I can disagree and still buy you a drink. Frankly on this issue I think you'd be surprised that we are probably not very far off. You can't limit your friends to those with identical viewpoints can you? It would get both boring and lonely.

Yes, I did read Karl Marx (Das Capital). It was on the book list in an economics class.

Ken

Yours truly on the "Race Course", and I know you know where.

Yes, I did read Karl Marx (Das Capital) it was on the book list in an economics class.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 07:55 PM

Nice rig!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Bunch of US boys going to mexico to practice a hobby (this is no sport) no sane land owner or manager allows in the US.

Riding in Pat's plush new Class 10 car or the Lothringer wouldn't do this guy justice. Strap him in my 5/1600 for a wild ride through 4 miles of 3 foot deep silt heading out of Tres Hermanos and see what he thinks after a blinding "don't friggin' lift" ride in the deep azz silt...that is littered with 50 buried Trophy Trucks, Class 1's, 10's, Pro Trucks galore and so on and so on...

That might help convince him it's far from a hobby...it's just not a sport...but its a team sport that is impossible to do without a well-orchastrated / trained group of friends who are passionate about not just motorsports..but Baja in particular.

Or howabout hitting the bumps with the stick pinned in fourth and banging your noggin on the roll cage...maybe he's right its not a sport...its an addiction!!!!:lol:

[Edited on 6-7-2007 by Desertbull]

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 05:30 AM

'Bout like rush hour traffic in most any major city, just remove the pavement.:)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 07:14 AM

burro bob, does CODE arrange to have a road graded? I'm not aware of any road being graded after any off-road race in Mexico. If an Ejido is not getting paid by SCORE they should contact the appropriate Mexican authority.
PJC
Super Nomad

Mood: Right

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
I'm simply thinking that motor racers are delusional to think they are participating in a sport. If you don't need cardio-vascular fitness and you can do it well with a beer belly, it is not a sport.

The following are facts that are irrefutable.

1) The two men that recently won the Baja 500 in the top truck class are both physical fitness fanatics which provided a clear and decisive advantage.

2) The young men and women that race and succeed on motorcycles and ATV's are incredibly fit by default.

[Edited on 6-7-2007 by PJC]

[Edited on 6-8-2007 by BajaNomad]
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 11:30 AM

About the off-road races. It's a sport to many people, so is golf, tennis, ping-pong, baseball, football, chess, poker, chicken fights, dog fights, and on and on. Fishing is a sport. Hunting is a sport. I'm not forced to participate in your sport, whatever it might be. What impact does your sport have on none participates? This so-called sport business is getting way out of hand.:yes:
PJC
Super Nomad

Mood: Right

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
This so-called sport business is getting way out of hand.:yes:

Hey Cypress, you go boy. Go and setup a town meeting with the local folks in Baja to ban the dastardly off-road races and see where you get (likely 6 feet under).

Note: "local" does not include ex-patriate gringos that want "gated community" ammenities in the frontier of Mexico too include HOA commitees that will make sure the fence is high enough the broken glass on top is sharp enough and that your trash cans are all the same color, vintage and in perfect alignment on trash day.

[Edited on 6-7-2007 by PJC]
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 01:31 PM

PJC.:lol: On second thought!:lol:
BAJABAILADOR
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 08:41 PM

been on almost every road,goat trail & two track in baja norte in the last 32 years. much to do with races but most not.Running a grader down the road isn't much of a fix from what I've seen.
In Baja if there's a real problem it will get some attention, at least enough to get by. I'm just glad they finaly started maintaining Hwy 1.
Score money ? Code can't wait to take over ! Nothing would change except qaulity of organization for a few years.

just my two centavos
burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 09:27 AM

David
You and I both are interested in seeing SCORE return to race in San Felipe. I just don't see how you can make some of the comments you do when you are in no better position to know the truth (where that $75 goes) than I am.
If people think that the Ejido Plan National Agrario is going to allow SCORE races to be held on their land without the kind of changes that are described in Lou's letter then they are living in a fantasy world. I personaly think it will be several years before we see another SCORE race around here.
TW
CODE negotiates and pays a fee ( I don't know how much) directly with the Ejido. Their entry fees are a whole lot less and they don"t charge a $75 land use fee so I doubt if the fee comes any where close to paying for a course grading. The Ejido doesn't really care about the condition of the course except on those roads that are used on a regular basis by the ranchers.
Yes SCORE is still responsible for getting the land use fee into the hands of the correct people. It is not the Ejidos job to chase down government officials so they can be paid. Heres an example for you....
I am going to hold a weekend rave in your back yard. Don't worry I allready have permission from the city and your neighbors. They like the idea because they can rent out their front yards for parking and their backyards for camping. The kids can set up cookie and lemonade stands on the street. I will charge $20 per person to get in. I will pay $1 out of each entry fee to a government agency so they can pay you for the use of your back yard. Don't expect me to tell you which agency or how much they recieved. My business records are none of your business. ...Now just change me to Sal Fish and you to the Ejido and you might begin to understand the problem.
Lou
I can understand why Ejido PNA would be dealing with Ensenada for the 500 and the 1000 but not for the San Felipe 250's. Only a small part of those races were held on Ensenada controlled land (Ejidos Dilicias and Matomi). San Felipe doesn't get it's fair share of tax revenues back from Mexicali which it is a part of. How could they ever expect to get a fair cut from a government agency that doesn't represent them at all. In fact they could be considered direct competitors.
To all the other race fans.
Thinking that racers are considered heros by all Mexicans and that they all love off road racing is a delusion. It is pretty much like it is in the States, some really love it and some really hate it and most don't care one way or the other. It's not the fans you need to keep happy to continue racing, it's the land owners.
burro bob
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 09:46 AM

Bob, Sal only wanted to deal with one entity, to handle all his land use needs. Or so the story went.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 10:30 PM

I thought the land was GIVEN to the ejidos BY the government (to develop, farm, etc.). Should an ejido have that kind of power to rob an entire city or region of a huge financial gain? The good of the many vs. the good of the few... or the one... (uh oh, have I been reading Karl Marx?):rolleyes:

Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2007 at 08:01 PM

Anybody ever heard of "Imminent Domain"?:?: Oh yea! You've got to surrender your land in order for someone to drive over it with their "toy" vehicle and have a good time.:lol::lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2007 at 09:14 AM

Come on guys, you are usually big on government control over private rights... For the good of the many (San Felipe businesses) over the good of the few (ejido masters and undeveloped desert)!:light:

Just want to have both viewpoints exposed... Whatever ends up working is going to have to be fine... I would bet SCORE avoids San Felipe for a L-O-N-G time!

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.