BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: North from Todos Santos
osoflojo
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 11:42 AM

I tried to google earth the trip some time ago but some of the shots were not very good, maybe better now. I also am interested in the responses you get. I have thought of that road for several years but never got past 5 -6 miles north.
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 05:44 PM

The road north out of TS will eventually take you to Punta Conejo. It crosses several tidal estuary flats that can be bad with mud after a real high tide, long sections of big sand woops from the race running through parts of it and there is little or no traffic, so if your stuck or broke it could be a long wait. Thats all the good parts of it. The iceing on the cake is miles of beautiful sand beaches, warm water, no people and a couple decent places to surf, with Punta Conejo as your final destination hopefully cranking at 6 to 8. Just be sure to go prepared. When do we leave?

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
jack
Nomad

Mood: Eat Heavy

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 05:53 PM

I was going to ride that road on my motorcycle on my last trip down the Baja. But because of an accident in Ensenada I had to leave my bike behind and didn't get a chance. I think that it would have been a pretty good ride. I was going to try and make it to Punta Conejo.
jack
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 07:33 PM

I finally figured out how to post a picture. Here is the track I was going to ride.

map.jpg - 45kB
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 08:55 PM

Jack, is that a track that someone actually ran or did you plot that manually or did the software "route" that between selected waypoints?

I am a bit of a newbie on the GPS......

[Edited on 6-7-2007 by Hook]

BFS
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 10:56 AM
north from TS

Hey,
Ive been wanting to do that road forever now, but am such a "chicken" when it comes to solo offroading. These past few south swells ive been begging a few people here in TS to accompany me but no takers. Carajo Mierda!
Can you let me know how it goes. In late July I have another window!
thanks and enjoy!
Aq
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 11:40 AM

Go for it! :bounce: But!!! Don't go alone.:)
Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 06:55 PM

We are planning a trip down to TS in Late August or September depending on when I finish up my current building project. Would love to hook up with like minded adventurers and surf / wheel our way up there.

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
jack
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2007 at 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Jack, is that a track that someone actually ran or did you plot that manually or did the software "route" that between selected waypoints?

I am a bit of a newbie on the GPS......

[Edited on 6-7-2007 by Hook]

I have the Baja Expeditioner GPSr map. They show a road/trail going from Todos Santos to Punta Conejo. I manually drew a track (in Mapsource) over the road so it will be easier to follow on my GPSr. The old Baja Expeditioner will not autoroute on a road (the new one will) which is the reason I had to draw the track manually.

I'm not sure how accurate Baja Expeditoner is, but if someone follows that track they will find out. ;D
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 10:45 AM

I travelled south from Conejo to Todos Santos a number of years ago. It's a beautiful stretch of beach. And yes, there is a lot of agriculture back there. I remember we did have to back track once or twice as there were a few estuaries and mud bogs. All in all, I don't remember too many challenging roads...mainly sandy dirt.

The wife and I are thinking about heading down for a few weeks in July and that route might be on the agenda. If so, I'll take notes and pictures. We don't have GPS so no way points from us.

Zac

Happy Adventures!

Zac

Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2007 at 11:53 AM

There is a depiction of the road and topography on Wac ch22 (world aeronautical chart commonly available) I have an older one that depicts a landing strip 2-3 miles north east of coneja. Anyone ever seen or heard of it? Are there any campos or settlements at coneja?

Fly low, land on roads.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.