BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja Mobile brought us to Cabo and is getting ready to take us home!
dshock
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2007 at 08:14 PM
Baja Mobile brought us to Cabo and is getting ready to take us home!

Well,

We are about 4000 miles into the trip. We have had a couple issues to troubleshoot along the way, but the truck has performed really well! We left Loreto and drove over the mountains to Scorpion Bay. It was a great drive - about 100 km of unpaved roads. The middle 50 km were quite rough. I would say that they were really challenging the Land Cruiser, but they were good enough!

We had a couple days of camping at Scorpion Bay and they we headed to La Paz for some diving. A couple nights there and a couple very memorable dives (one with the sea lions).

And, then we headed to Los Cabos. We have had a great time here living in a little more style than we had grown accustomed. We have been doing some surfing, diving, and lounging by the pools!

Tomorrow we start our journey home. Of course turning North still leaves us with about three weeks on the road!

Have a great day,
Dan

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2007 at 08:18 PM

Sounds like a great time - thanks for the report

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2007 at 09:42 PM

Great trip !
Funny picture of the arch as I have only gone through it on a boat...
Great stuff!
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2007 at 11:47 PM

sweet life really is a beach have a good one:bounce::bounce::bounce:

jerry and judi
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2007 at 07:22 AM

Beautiful country, wish I was there. Thanks for sharing.
bajataco
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2007 at 09:42 AM

Dan, I envy you! Your TLC 60 with all of the kit is a sweet overland machine for sure. How is the RTT working for you (looks like the new expedition model?)

I love the photos. That pic of your sweetheart with the waterfall in the background is awesome.

[Edited on 7-5-2007 by bajataco]

joel
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2007 at 03:59 PM

Dan,

That's funny to see your post. I was in Scorpion Bay at the same time -- with my wife and our 4 and 6 year old sons. I remember seeing you out in the water and your crazy Land Cruiser set-up.

Joel
dshock
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2007 at 10:35 AM

The tent was great! It worked flawlessly. It is an ARB prototype model. They now have the production units available and they are slightly different. Overall, I think that it is a great way to travel! We had some pretty good wind during the day a couple times when we were set up and it handled it fine, but I wouldn't say that we saw the wind as bad as it can get in Baja.

Joel,

Where were you set up? There were a lot of folks there, and we were only there for a couple days, but it sure was a nice spot to hang out!

Have a great day,
Dan

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.