Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Restaurant Laja
bigboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2004 at 09:32 PM
Restaurant Laja

I looking for directions fot the restaurant Laja. I know it is located in the Guadalupe Valley but I don't know if it is on the Highwayor on a side road.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2004 at 10:34 PM

LAJA

KM 83 CARRETERA TECATE-ENSENADA
VALLE DE GUADALUPE, B.C. MEXICO

011 52 646 155 2556

laja at quatrodesign dot com

It is just off the side of the road. There is a nice blue hard to miss reflective sign on the highway that reads LAJA.

http://entertainment.signonsandiego.com/profile/246476

[Edited on 2-27-2004 by elgatoloco]

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2004 at 02:25 PM

It's on a side road - barely a 1/2 block down the road. Look for Las Naranjas restaurant on the right side of Mex. 3 - big sign (driving south), and Laja just a short ways past that (a right turn).
bigboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2004 at 03:47 PM

Thanks for the information. A group of us will give it a try soon!
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2004 at 05:03 PM

Is this a good restaurant ? Tell us about it ? Anybody know ? Thanks Paul
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2004 at 06:19 PM

IOHO

It is an excellent restaurant. We have eaten there a dozen times since they opened. The husband is the chef and the wife runs the front. He has an extensive background working at upscale restaurants in New York/Cancun, etc.

They looked for a year for a place to open in Mexico. They decided on Valle de Guadalupe for the variety of local food stuffs and the fact that it is wine country. They bought the property, planted a garden, built a house,built the restaurant and opened up. The garden provides lots of fine ingredients and the rest come from the local farmers,fisherman, what ever is in season and fresh is on the menu. They serve a four or eight course prix fixe menu and have a great local wine selection. The pastry chef came with the owner from the Four Seasons in Cancun and you must save room for dessert. This is not the place for a fish taco or carne burro, but if you appreciate food prepared with imagination and care we highly reccomend it. You must make a reservation as they are only open a few days a week. Our last time there was the first time we saw other gringos besides us! We have few vices but two of them are good food and good wine and we can sate both desires at LAJA. They also pour a fine mescal from the owner of Casa de Piedra winery, great aid for digestion.

Tell them Barb & Matt from La Jolla said hola!

ps we first heard about this fine restaurant on the worldwideweb from JESSE. he knows what's up!!

MAGA

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-27-2004 at 06:37 PM

A group dinner?

Matt, in the same fashion as when you and Barb, David Eidell, Fishin Rich, and I went to El Taco de Huitzilopochtli (which also had a cask of mezcal for dessert), I would enjoy a culinary afternoon tour again! What are the chances of reserving a family size table some Sat. or Sun.? (after Barb is back and my business recovers from all this damn rain!!!)
last time: http://davidksbaja.com/cabras/page3.html

[Edited on 2-28-2004 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2004 at 08:22 PM

David, I think it should be mandatory once a month for a group lunch or dinner at a great restaurant or taco shop in baja. As long as they are not to far for a one dayer or overnighter. I think we could get something started here... Good idea let's see what we can do. Paul
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2004 at 08:39 PM

The best restaurant in Mexico, IMHO.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2004 at 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
The best restaurant in Mexico, IMHO.

We totally agree with that. We have had the good fortune to eat at many fine restaurants across North America and in Europe. LAJA ranks right up at the top. The food alone is worth the trip and the setting and the great service only add to it.

MAGA

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2004 at 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
A group dinner?

Matt, in the same fashion as when you and Barb, David Eidell, Fishin Rich, and I went to El Taco de Huitzilopochtli (which also had a cask of mezcal for dessert), I would enjoy a culinary afternoon tour again! What are the chances of reserving a family size table some Sat. or Sun.? (after Barb is back and my business recovers from all this damn rain!!!)

You never know! We plan on spending lots of time at our casa by the sea this summer which is about a 20 minute ride to LAJA. The other place to check out for group fun is Bob H's favorite seafood restaurant in Ensenada!! He can lead a culinary expedition down there!!! It's a great find as well!!

MAGA

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.