Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Gooey (sp?) ducks???
marv sherrill
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2007 at 09:49 PM

additional info - Orignial lyrics by Ron Konzak of Evergreen (Washington) State University, where the geoduck is the mascot - look up the fighting song for your self.... TMI I guess...
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2007 at 10:02 PM

thers a small gut sack you can easly remove after slipping a sharp knife along the shell to unshell it
then soak the neck in warm water for 20 minuites while your getting out the egges and cracker crums
peal the necks out and cut off the nasty end slip a knife down the 2 tubes and lay them open dredge in egg and a very little milk then in cracker crumbs drop into real butter be carefull not to burn it in and out quick for the necks you can go longer on the body their really meaty it like a whole lot of heaven
little limon salt and perhaps tarter

jerry and judi
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2007 at 10:04 PM

the first was a 5 pounder thought we could make a few meals no luck gone in one night------------- not good if you have gout this was from hoods canel
sweetest calm i ever ate

jerry and judi
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-26-2007 at 11:42 AM

Oh YEAHHHH baby! Geoducks are my specialty, I actually worked as a tender on a geoduck boat in Tofino, B.C. for a summer and OMG they are deeeelicious. OK, now I know some of you may not believe this but this lovely creature has the MOST delicious gonads...really seriously, they are sweet like raw oysters, ya just bite into those buggers and roll; your eyes back into your head. NOw for the less adventurous the clam chowder is lovely but the syphen sliced thin is yummy raw with salt and lime or in sushi...as well as the "belly" meat. Great burgers too like ground meat. There are a second grade geoduck here in our area they are testing to see the viability right now to be exported to China as B grade when the A grade off Tofino is out of season....just a note....geoducking screws up the gray whales feeding bays big time...they grow in the same place whale food grows and harvesting them destroys the bottom and covers up all the little critters gray whales feed on. I experienced gray whale feeding area shifts in the bays we worked in...no more grays feeding there....

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
baja829
Nomad

Mood: BAJA HAPPY

[*] posted on 7-26-2007 at 07:06 PM

There are 3 divers in 3 boats off our beach every morning, bringing up this "delicacy". We're about 25 miles south of San Felipe half way to Puertecitos. People who have talked to them have said they're being exported to Japan on a regular basis. There out there at daylight and up to late afternoon or rough seas or outgoing tides. Haven't seen them locally.
BAJABAILADOR
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2007 at 08:27 PM

Reguarding clam divers

Was at San Antonio Del MAR, Colonet last weekend . Saw a nice blue panga hanging right at the edge of the surf all day.
Hooka diver down claming .Was told by local that the owner is the game comish from colonet,there were two divers alternating and a tender. At one point watched two of them through binocs for maybe 10 minutes try to get large sack over the side into boat.All clams going to ensenada.Was also told the game comish is all over the other clamers, using clam forks, cheaking them for size and counts. My nieghbor told me this has been going on for two weeks- every day.
I'll be back on the 4th and ck on them. Hate to see it picked clean ,but I guess that's progress.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.