Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: after trip cleanup...
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-29-2004 at 08:58 AM
after trip cleanup...

Finally got around to cleaning up inside of my truck from the Matomi trip...not too bad just a light coating of dust....was thinking about some other trips involving MUD and SILT...and those required days of cleaning and then recleaning...car wash...vacuuming...blowing with air compressor ....and just when you think it is all gone you will find more...worst was mud from the Sisters area two years ago and some San Carlos trips with 20 miles of foot deep silt....got any stories on worst cleanup?...
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-29-2004 at 11:55 AM
My worst clean-up was baby,not baja related

We had just bought the F-150. Brand new truck, almost brand new baby. Little Livi was old enough to hold her bottle in the car seat in the back of the king cab, but lost control one day. The bottle of formula went under the passenger seat and must have stayed for quite some time, until it one day leaked it's putrified contents all over the floor boards. It took me two or three years of repeated cleanings, detailings and airings out of that truck to finally get rid of the smell. There's nothing so fun as hopping in your shiny new vehicle and smelling the sour smell of rotten formula for years.- Stephanie

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-29-2004 at 12:22 PM

I waxed my truck before my last trip down. Usually, I need to wash my truck 2-3 times to get it clean. This time, one wash was all it took.

Zac

GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 2-29-2004 at 12:27 PM

I don't know if I should be embarrassed or proud to state that I have not yet cleaned my vehicle from the last trip (Matomi)..........nor the New Year's BOLA trip prior!

In my defense though, it's a bit hard to use a hose to wash anything when there is 10 feet of snow outside and it's in the low teens. We had 4-5 feet of snow this week alone. If you love to ski, Mammoth is the place to be right now.

So until I head to Reno or head south, my vehicle remains "Baja Dusty."

[Edited on 2-29-2004 by GeoRock]

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 2-29-2004 at 02:37 PM
Has anybody tried.....?

That new product by 'Mr. Clean'? It's a car wash/soap that lets the water run off your car without having to dry it. Saw a demo on commercial and it looked VERY cool, just ran off in an even sheet and left a dry car. Expensive though, don't want to invest in it if it does not work. M
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

rolleyes.gif posted on 2-29-2004 at 11:33 PM
Lucky you, Grover.

I once had a similar incident where I pulled a bag of pot out of my purse that I'd forgotten to take out before taking a plane to Mexico City. I seem to remember forgetting a lot of things back in those days.......Could've gotten my butt in a sling bigtime. That was a long time ago, though.

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2004 at 09:35 AM

Surfer Jim and GeoRock... how about scratches from the desert car washes along the trail? Huh? I've got a lot! But every time I look at them I think about how great that weekend was.
Bob H
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

thumbup.gif posted on 3-1-2004 at 09:31 PM
You betcha!

Bob, those are called BAJA PIN STRIPES... shows the world that you use your four wheel drive and go exploring!

How about let's get back to Matomi and check out that cave?

http://community-2.webtv.net/matomi2004/matomi

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2004 at 07:34 AM

I love my Baja pin stripes. And, to think that I put them on myself. :lol:
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2004 at 09:41 AM

Haven't looked that close at the sides...but sure it will need attention....maybe just a good wax job....will go this weekend to Salton Sea for the TIERRA DEL SOL....but only as a passenger in friends' jeep....
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 3-12-2004 at 10:01 PM

We finally got back this last Tuesday from our latest Baja Adventure. I think we added a few 'Baja Pin Stripes' to our collection, on the Bronco - but who's counting!

It took me awhile to get the old horse washed down. We still had Matomi dust aboard, some Gonzaga/Puertecitos/Laguna Chapla road rut deposits, mixed with some Laguna Ojo De Liebre salts gained when we drove out to bother some whales. More fine powdered dust from the roads around Mulege and Bahia Concepcion were hidden in nooks and cranies of the underbody. Later we added some wet bits as we drove through heavy fog between El Rosario and San Quintin on the way north. I found piles of beach sand left on the mats from our quest for sand dollars on the beach near The Wet Buzzard.

Memories of a Baja Trip do last long after you are back!
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-13-2004 at 08:45 AM

Changed oil on the truck Friday and found skid plate with some good dents and the mounting bolts bent...(will have to do further inspection)...but that's what it is there for....not surprised with all the bolders around...especially the ones in the middle of the road:yes:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-14-2004 at 04:59 AM

I found some damage to the sidewalls of my front tires. Could probably get another 15,000 miles on those tires, but I'm going to go ahead and buy new ones before our trip to Baja Sur - leaving April 10th. What a blast we had though!
Bob H :smug:

[Edited on 3-14-2004 by Bob H]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.