Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loreto 400 offroad race
bajabird
Nomad

Mood: Always happy

[*] posted on 8-3-2007 at 05:27 AM
Loreto 400 offroad race

Last year was fun, anyone going?
I will be running the prerunner in the 5 open class.
Loreto, San Javier, Insurgentes, up the pacific, La Puisima, Comondu, Loreto
Sunday August 12.

BigWooo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2007 at 06:10 AM

Do you know where (if) the course route is posted. Tried a search but nothing came up.
bajabird
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2007 at 03:10 PM

I heard that the course is a little shorter than last years and maps are available in Loreto, but not online. I'm sad about their lack of tech, but then again not. Last year the race started in the stadium near the main street pemex, went out into the riverbed, across hwy1, up to san javier, down from san javier towards insurgentes, across highway, northbound for about 30 miles, through some mangroves, back across the hwy, riverbed through purisma, comondu, back to the beginning of san javier trail, into riverbed back to loreto stadium

I will pre-run on Friday there, and will post a quick report.

Whistler, stop me next time. Always time to chat. 30th of June was fun trip, did an exhibition race in Guerro Negro, on way to get car painted and ready for this race in Loreto, must of been red when you saw it. Bright yellow now.

I'll give t-shirts, a hat and sticker at the race to anyone who mentions the nomad board :-) (while supply last of coarse)

CP
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2007 at 04:11 PM

Maybe a nice Nomad in Loreto can pick up a map and give us an idea of this year's route? We are on the Pacific side and have watched the race from outside of towns but perhaps this year it would be more fun to be with the townfolks in La Purisima or ??
Looking forward to the it. Thanks, Bajabird for letting us know the date.
-CP
bajabird
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2007 at 04:20 PM

I'll be prerunning on friday, when I get home I'll post up some good spots to watch.

Baja_Girl
Nomad

Mood: suavidad

[*] posted on 8-3-2007 at 05:47 PM

Feliz Viaje, mi pajaro lindo...be safe and have fun and win!!!

xoxox
bajabird
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2007 at 11:04 PM

Thank you so much BG! Love ya
Sorry you cant make it to this one. I'll show you the incar video and share the stories if you cant make it

:-) xo

bajabird
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2007 at 10:29 AM

There is a link to the map at www.elpatorojo.com

backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2007 at 10:43 AM
Race day Baja 400

The start of the race was just two blocks from my place, so I went to watch the start this morning. First time I have watched any off roading. Lots of dust and noise, but it was fun. Pretty good turnout of folks lined up on the arroyo banks. One car missed the first turn and ran off into parked cars and fans. After a bit of shouting and pointing the way back, the car made its way back, no harm no foul.

They are due back in sometime around four this afternoon,
bajabird
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2007 at 06:09 AM

the race start was hot and a long wait. from the malecon we went up looped around over to the arroyo on what i think was calle davis. from the start it was a 90 degree right turn into the graveled out dry river bed. it was so hard to see where the road was or wasnt. i just went fast and looked for the smallest rocks to hit. we also got off course (i think), ran into a deep hole, bounced out with a loud bang and kept going, stopped to ask a cop if our front left was flat, by then we had already passed the vw thing that was in front of us, then he passed us. we finally got passed him again at the first water crossing after the slippery road up and down from san javier. the water took out a few cars, we flew across each crossing (the pre-running paid off). the course was smooth the next 60 miles or so, and knowing the danger points to slow down at helped. my co-pilot Kiki did a great job at 21yo he knew the road well. our radio com was horrible but the hand signals went well for me, Kiki would signal for me to slow down, and I would hit the gas for an extra minute..... he got use to it and started to try to slow me down sooner.... jeje, we worked the bugs out ok and passed another of our class in the silt beds before fco villa, we passed the next in our class during the rough of fco villa, the worst was to come as the road from comondu was nasty bad. we were in first and now taking it easy to preserve our tires when a class one car that had broken came back 3 times to pass us.... dussssssssssty, had to stop to see the road... then a class 16 car rammed us from behind.... the next 40 miles or so were very tire eating nasty. burns team suffered two flats that took him out of first place. we made it back to loreto for the win, and then ate shat when we flew at full speed into the stadium clearing the ramp and lawn darting into the flat stadium floor.

Thank you club de optimistos for the water and beers! The crowds in the stadium were AWESOME
I handed out 250 stickers to the kids and we all had a fun party at Augies afterwards..... If we offended anyone by being a little tipsy.... SO SORRY most of us drivers were sober for the day before the race and had to let it out.

:-)

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2007 at 07:12 AM

Thanks for the report, sounds like you had a great time. Congratulations on the win.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.