Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: solar hot water
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 08:26 AM

We had one of the shower heads that has a coil in it and they work like a charm if you have electricity...cost $40 and easy to plumb...LOTS of people here have them...those who don't use just bucket baths...we never had a problem with this rig and now we have a new type with a nicer plastic shower head so no shocks...they are cheap, great for low water pressure areas and very economical to operate...don't knock it till ya try it! They are available in any hardware store.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 08:34 AM

Hey Mike - Live a little !! Take some chances !! Have some thrills !! :lol:

I did some research and found that a few a these things have been recalled for various electrifying reasons.
There are still some available that claim to be safe.
And I know of a few that have worked fine.
Still, maybe a rubber shower matt would be a good idea ?? :lol:

BigWooo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 08:40 AM

Never used one that didn't at least provide a mild buzz when turning the hot or cold knobs. This one was nearly as bad as touching the hot wire directly!

I would imagine if they're installed properly, they aren't as dangerous, but I'm not a big fan of these things.

[Edited on 8-6-2007 by BigWooo]
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 8-6-2007 at 08:40 AM

Quote:

Al G., I see your from Concord, I was thinking of taking a workshop in Hopeland at the solar living institute. ever been there??I think the solar oven sounds fun, I do alot of cooking. Or maybe a workshop at SEI in Carbondale Colorado.Though they are expensive. Having a $$ solar system and not knowing anything about it makes me nervous. SInce I don't have alot of money I'm trying to go with a bit of knowledge. (scary:)
Thanks, everyone

greta-inbaja...No...have not been to Hopeland, but will check it out.
Here is a link to all things solar...most of whitch can be manufactured in you garage.
http://kingsolar.com/catalog/mfg/sunovens/sunoven.html
Home page: http://kingsolar.com/ .....only one of many.
Will try to find my DIY book today to post their URL

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Cervisin
Nomad

Mood: Mañana... quizá

smile.gif posted on 8-25-2007 at 06:50 AM
Economic Friendly -Solar Water Heaters

There might be some info on a friends site to find - he's in SoCal and Baja. Links are somewhere in the text....:no:

Economic Friendly -Solar Water Heaters

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.