Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja Flyers out there?
Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2007 at 08:20 PM
Baja Flyers out there?

Anyone landed Lopez Mateos (mag Bay area), and done some summer fishing? Are there any services available this time of year? I always seem to end up there in the winter, and could use some pointers for pangueros, secret fishing holes and Cantinas that make good ceviche.
PS I will assume the locations you respond with will be either fictional or misinformation

Fly low, land on roads.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 04:34 AM

:o " I will assume the locations you respond with will be either fictional or misinformation" Maybe try Baja Bush Pilots with the same post but leave out the PS. The PS would be an insult to those who would try to give accurate and helpful info. Of course that is just my humble opinion.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 08:06 AM

Been there, Thanks.
Not trying to insult anyone, just kidding, whew, tough crowd.

Fly low, land on roads.
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cap
Anyone landed Lopez Mateos (mag Bay area), and done some summer fishing? Are there any services available this time of year? I always seem to end up there in the winter, and could use some pointers for pangueros, secret fishing holes and Cantinas that make good ceviche.
PS I will assume the locations you respond with will be either fictional or misinformation

I have, not much there. Captain Mike does a clinic there. He would be the one to talk to. Or have you peeed him off too?:lol:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 09:40 AM

Cap...You need to use the icons to the right. Words on paper/screen will not express your feelings...sometimes :lol: won't work either...so get agressive...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::P:light::cool::lol:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2007 at 11:03 AM

Thanks Al, I'll work on it:mad::mad::mad:

Better?

Allright, maybe I should have posted this in the hunting and fishing area. Does anyone have a RECENT fishing report for the area?
btw CapMike is a BBP friend that I will probably hook up with in a couple of weeks. Every group of people has a problem child, if yours doesn't it's probably you.

Fly low, land on roads.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-11-2007 at 05:22 PM

hey Cap - i can get you all the skinny.
been in Durango colo area cooling off and off the computer hi jinx the past 4 days. got home today. there is not a lot of options to staying in lopez. the strip is NICE tho.
there is fishing but i don't know jack about it there, we run the sams clinic there monthly. i can get you in touch with our local coordinator. she is mega helpful and if the cabo boys need anything she'll do it in a heartbeat, i'll send you her email and an intro.
the WX is nice there tho - but for my money i'd just go into Abreojos or Campo Rene.
Say - i have to drop 3 divers in San Carlos mainland sat sept 1st and will wait them out in mulege till monday 3rd.
you guys will be stopping mulege on the way north??

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2007 at 06:14 PM

Thanks Mike,
We will be in Abreojos and Rene this year. As you know we are pretty resourceful, and can find some fun just about anywhere. I have landed P.A.L.M. with a plane full of whale watchers in the winter, but I am trying to get the boys some new hunting grounds, and a couple of the guys are hesitent to land on beaches. I would apreciate any info or connections you have there.
North bound stop will be g. bay. If you are up for a JP4 marg stop in. Better yet you know where we will be for the weekend, come on down, I promise you the scenery will be lovely.:o;D:rolleyes:

Fly low, land on roads.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2007 at 07:08 AM

rog Cap - i'll send you Alicia's email for lopez. There was at least one gringo outfitter there recently operating a 28' cat twin yamaha 250s 4 strokes and day trip about $350, seats 6 guys ok. he goes out to some islands sw of lopez, an 8 hr all day trip.
you can rent quads and wave runners from him too.
the strip is private, owned and licensed by the cannery. camping ok end of the strip beach side. walk 1/4 mile into town. 2-3 small 4-5 rooms motels , mainly for the whale season - $24-30 a nite.
no restaurants except a few stands. several tiendas for beers. one pool hall serves beer, i shoot there...............mainly the breeze tho ;^)

well, you've landed there so this all may be superfluous horse hockey.

if you bring the boys thru, get Alicia in the loop so she can get you the permission to land and ensure they pull the tires - sometimes they block the RW if no clinic weekend and no VIPS coming thru.

did you get the data you needed on Los Frailes??

later cap.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-13-2007 at 08:56 AM

Hey Cap, if you want to try Asuncion, we can help you with logistics, lodging, airstrip pick up, pangas etc....even lend you a vehicle if ya need it...the fishing is terrific here as well, similar to Abreojos and the strip is in great shape. Bill Rush and the flying doctors just left yesterday after a real fun visit.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2007 at 08:11 PM

right on!! i would advise a stay over in Sheri's neck o' the woods for sure Cap - check out her web site!

and i'll get going on that lopez contact for you too.

Cap
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2007 at 08:38 PM

Very cool, thanks to both of you. I am just working out the final details now. I know some of the places you are talking about, we will probably hire some pangueros to take us through the inland areas for some light tackle and fly action. The los Frailes question you are thinking of was from last year. I have a couple of 210's in tow this year so I am hesitent to leave them unattended in East Cape. I am not sure if that is a fair assesment, I would be interested to hear your thoughts Mike. Cool web site Sheri, if we get a wild hair or side excursion we will stop in and say hi....You've been warned:rolleyes:

Fly low, land on roads.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2007 at 04:38 PM

hey man!! my buddy's 210 was stolen from mulege last fall!! you probably read about it on BBP. took it at dawn and i left that morning too. very brazen theft! the owner lives next door to casa granada - you might know him to - he's unmistakenable, flies owns a 340 too which is usually at mulege when he's there. the 210 was there just to bring parts for his 340. his mech flew it down.
so yeah - almost anyplace 210s can be ripped but i wouldn't worry about mulege, Don has new guards. but remote on the east cape? thats dicey for sure, too remote. and they are inside jobs - someone rats that a 210 is in and the thieves go get it.

another friend got his 210 ripped at El rincon 2 years ago, east cape as you know. 2 at pescadero, and another friend has his ripped at hermosillo!
what a burn, another inside job, hell its a secured public airport!

PM coming your way for contact at lopez, BTW she is a pilot too! has an ultralight there and is a member of the la paz ultra light club. cool gal man.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-15-2007 at 09:17 AM

Bring it on Cap....we're ready for ya!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2009 at 10:11 AM
cap - where are you?

your email bounces.
K pasta??

what's your sign in at BBP?

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 6-28-2009 at 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
hey man!! my buddy's 210 was stolen from mulege last fall!! you probably read about it on BBP. took it at dawn and i left that morning too. very brazen theft! the owner lives next door to casa granada - you might know him to - he's unmistakenable, flies owns a 340 too which is usually at mulege when he's there. the 210 was there just to bring parts for his 340. his mech flew it down.
so yeah - almost anyplace 210s can be ripped but i wouldn't worry about mulege, Don has new guards. but remote on the east cape? thats dicey for sure, too remote. and they are inside jobs - someone rats that a 210 is in and the thieves go get it.

another friend got his 210 ripped at El rincon 2 years ago, east cape as you know. 2 at pescadero, and another friend has his ripped at hermosillo!
what a burn, another inside job, hell its a secured public airport!

PM coming your way for contact at lopez, BTW she is a pilot too! has an ultralight there and is a member of the la paz ultra light club. cool gal man.

Hey Mike, if you don't want them to steal your plane buy a tail dragger. Not many of them stolen, the thieves don't know how to drive then......sometimes I'm not sure that I do:lol::lol::lol:

Wish I knew you were in Durango, I live just down the road in Farmington.......dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2009 at 06:23 AM

i wish i was in Durango again now too. it was 111 here yesterday. yuch...

that 2007 trip was nice. 2.5 hours there from DVT. then renta car to Bayfield where his cabin is.

he's selling it - so my free pass to the mountains is no more.

i love that lake with an airport i fly over from Farmington towards La Plata Co..

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.