Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: REMOTE SECURITY
oldjack
Nomad

Mood: retired

[*] posted on 8-17-2007 at 12:03 PM
REMOTE SECURITY

Any of you with property in Baja use remote video to monitor your property while you are back home? I know it might seem silly to want to see your "stuff" being stolen... but you might get some idea of who to ask the police to investigate. With the frequent power outages a ups device would be essential.... what else do you use/recommend...

Sometimes when I am away from my place in Los Barriles I just would like to see the place for peace of mind..... I think I live in a reasonably secure place but......

What does your setup look like, what brand names.... etc....
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 8-17-2007 at 03:20 PM

There are several remote viewing systems avaliable .. some of them use wireless cameras .... some software can also accomodate a microphone.... Just go online fora a google search or visit your nearest Circuit City or equivalent... you will find several choices.....

You can also remotly log in and transfer the files .... even in real time if you like .....

Cool :cool: - CaboRon

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 8-17-2007 at 03:56 PM

I have a remote system that I´m no longer using:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=25708
Zgringo

Mood: OOH YEH

[*] posted on 8-17-2007 at 04:21 PM

I've lived in Mexico for 10 years and have kinda found out what works and what doesn't.
What doesn't work is to install a video system and take your videos to the local police to identify the el bandido. The local police then know who stole your stuff and steal it from the bandido. You'll never see you property again and only assist the police to "sic" legally steal from the bad guys.

What does work is to befriend a Mexican state policeman or Federal policeman and take your video to them with 100 peso's and you'll get your property back within hours.
What even works better is when away have everything locked up in a solid cement room without windows and a door like a bank safe door.

Right now as we speak Im watching my friends home, along with 2 very large German Shepards. I bet he don't lose a thing.

Like the old saying." When in Rome, do as the Romans do".

Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end the faster it goes.
markshark

[*] posted on 8-17-2007 at 07:21 PM

Electronic security.
Say what you want about alarms systems but I just installed one for my buddy at his new casa in puertocitos. It will take a BOLD thief to go about his business while a 30 watt siren is wailing,especially in these homes made of s#&t bricks and tile floors. New generation wireless gear lends itself perfectly to this application and is affordable.
Now make no mistake,this is my 37th year of installing security systems and I know what im talking about.
Do I have one in my gonzaga place? Not a chance.I dont even close let alone lock my doors.
Hey, its all about peace of mind. Right?
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2007 at 07:53 PM

I had a friend that worked on the roof at a property in Monticeto, the German owner had a camera he could follow all the goings on from Europe, this was years ago 15 about.
Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2007 at 10:08 PM

Oldjack, I was just setting up a system today. The best place to buy from is Supercircuits.com The only business they do is security equipment and they have the best prices with tech support by phone (you will need). Check out their website.
randyclark

[*] posted on 7-19-2018 at 10:34 PM

The best home security camera today comes wireless. Storage also comes in cloud which doesn't require physical memory drive.
mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2018 at 06:14 AM

Wired security cameras are still the best. Blue Iris software on a local server with cloud storage. I can view my casa from anywhere in the world as long as I have internet. May have to be a bit of a geek to get it set up. Doesn't substitute for a physical presence though.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-20-2018 at 06:38 AM

I use this for both my Baja and NOB places. Works great, easy to install. Get notifications on your phone, tablet or computer. Will take a series of stills when security zone is tripped and you can monitor in real time. Has great night vision capabilities

https://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FN-3104W-B4-1T-Security-System...

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-20-2018 at 08:14 AM

Great replies and this shows the value of 11-year-old posts on Nomad that randyclark found. Welcome to the greatest collection of Baja California information, Randy!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.