Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Four lane highway from Cabo San Lucas to La Paz
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2007 at 05:36 PM
Four lane highway from Cabo San Lucas to La Paz

http://www.cbriveras.com/sitepages/pid121.php Coldwell Bankers Riveras Realtors website

>>>

Four lane highway from Cabo San Lucas to La Paz

Cabo San Lucas and La Paz cities share many things among them: beautiful beaches and a great living atmosphere. Currently, there is a highway that connects both cities, offering incredible views along the way. At this moment, this road is being modified into a 4 lane road, making it safer, faster and with the same incredible views, assuring that driving this highway will remain a delightful experience.

Construction has already started at the edge of Cabo San Lucas. Several miles of highway are being converted into the beginning of the 4 lane road. Also, at La Paz, construction is moving ahead and is making great headway in building their end, shortening the distance between the two. Benefits of this project are reflected in the economical growth of both cities, as well as that of Todos Santos, the charming little town between the cities, since it receives many visitors each day.

So, if you're driving to Todos Santos or La Paz, do not be surprised by the wok in process, dirt and machinery at the site, allow a little extra time. It will be worth it!

I think the world is run by C- students.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2007 at 09:48 PM

Wow, this is very interesting news! I'm trying to invision how this is going to look and how this is going to change all the places in between.
Bob H
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 12-17-2007 at 10:01 PM

Right now it is just a horror story driving into Cabo from TS!!!! The highway
improvements are causing long line ups and some very crazy driving:o:o

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
Baja&Back
Senior Nomad

Mood: Rarin' to go South!

[*] posted on 12-17-2007 at 10:24 PM

Yah. Like Marie-Rose says. A total cluster flock.
Instead of intelligently building & paving the 2 new lanes on the cleared right-of-way beside the existing 2 lanes, they have torn up two miles of perfectly good highway - all the way to the top of the hill. 2 miles of bumpy dirt & honking horns now.

I really love Baja & mexican people, but those who plan & build public structures & roads are the stupidest creatures on the planet!!! :fire: :fire:

Barry & Vanda
Baja and Back RV Tours
Vancouver BC Canada / Baja
http://bajaandback.com
TripleG

[*] posted on 12-19-2007 at 11:53 AM
Alternate route

Thanks for the update on the Todo Santos - Cabo road.

I will go the other way to San Jose and miss the fun!!
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 12-20-2007 at 09:28 AM

Amen to that B&B!! It took us roughly 20 mins from Mijas Homestore Mexico, located at the top of the hill on the way to TS,To get to Soriannas!!What a mess! Seems like they could have made one good road before ripping the exsisting one to shreds.And watch out for the huge power lines they left teetering on the edge of the road to fall down ..what a bunch of dummies.:mad:

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 12-21-2007 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TripleG
Thanks for the update on the Todo Santos - Cabo road.

I will go the other way to San Jose and miss the fun!!

Last week a friend of mine reported taking over one hour just to drive through San Jose del Cabo.

CaboRon

TripleG

[*] posted on 12-22-2007 at 09:42 PM

What's going on there to make the mess? They haven't started working on the tie up of the toll road and the new road to Cabo yet have they?:?:
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 12-22-2007 at 10:05 PM

The biggest money to be made by a politician in office anywere in Mexico is in pavement. Watever paivement, it's a lot of money, the more paivement the more money. It's not really about inteligence as we know it.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 12-24-2007 at 08:09 PM

Ah, ftd, and so I learn something new.Pretty sure I heard something about the $ of pavement.It sure looks and feels like(when driving ) not much thought was put into the "road improvement"It is a true nightmare for those traveling that road.Do you know about the huge electrical "towers" the are on the verge of falling, possilbly injuring vehichles and or people, and stores along that hilltop? I ask because Mija has a new store there, and I am VERY concerned.Any insight is much appreciated..Sally

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2007 at 08:26 AM

Many people use the toll road to go around San Jose now. It cost about $2.50 and most feel that it is worth it. For those who dont know, it starts at the airport and drops you off in front of the Mega complex, where the big yellow bow is. Or visa versa.
I dont use it because neither end of the toll road is convenient for me.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.