Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Dirty Cops in Ensenada
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2004 at 04:01 AM
Me no

Very well Spoken!!
Now as I recall an incident that happened approaching the Panhandle City of Amarillo, Texas

\I was tooling along one fine morning in my little Red Toyota headed for a Dancing Date with a Beauitiful lady in Oklahoma City, when alongside of me arrived a Texas Cruiser,the officer glance to his right,backed off and gave me the Red Lights.
He approached the Drivers side and said to me as he walked up"You did not have your safety Belt on". I lifted the strap and said "Yes I Did'.He ask me to get out of the Car where he ask me three Questions:
1: Did I have over $10,000 Cash on my person?
2: Did I have any dope in my Car:
3: Could he Search my Vehicle?

I answered that it was "None of his business How much Money I carried on my Person!
I did not have any dope in my Car or on my Person!
No~! he could not Search my Car unless he had a Search Warrant!
I was beginning to doubt my actions becauseof his Size,when he Called in a Lady Officer with a very Large Dog,she proceeded around the Vehicle with the Dog sniffing me and the Vehicle,gave me a cleanbill of Health!

The very large officer gave me a Warning ticket for having "No seat Belt as required.i so imformed the Officer that I Did ,In fact, have my seat Belt attached!
then I went beyond my good Sense and told the officer that if he would come up to Montana,that 'He could learn How to me a Real Man and Get an Honest Job!

He backed off and let me Go! Surprised I was!
Moral of this Story on this Thread!
"It can Happen anywhere at any Place,anytime!" and in any Country,so relax,enjoy Baja and accept the Culturle as you find It.
Skeet/Loreto

In God I Trust"

"
cabonut

[*] posted on 4-6-2004 at 11:42 AM

Don?t get the "dirty" part . . . you could always have gone to police station, been charged with having open alcohol in the vehicle, paid the fine or done the time and thus established your moral superiority.

Who is less moral - the briber or bribee?
Frontera

Mood: Creative

[*] posted on 4-14-2004 at 02:46 PM
my 2 cents

Hello all.... I'm new here.

I've been racially profiled several times in good ol America. No hard feelings it just comes with the territory of being perceived as "sucessful" or when you "fit the profile". I still vote, pay taxes, and enjoy life. One misguided officer thinking he's doing his job, does not ruin my day. There are abuses of power no matter which side of the frontera you happen to be on. Just my 2 cents. :tumble:
Big Al
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2004 at 09:05 AM
JR

JR:

your hate for America and authority continues to amaze me. Why would you care who's crooked pocket it goes into. It is stealing.

Both are at fault!!! I have been stopped by cops for made up infractions in Baja on several occasioins. I don't pay the bribe. I seem to not pay anything that way. If I don't put cash into his pocket, he will move on to the next Gringo that he creates an infraction for.

Big Al
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2004 at 08:08 AM
My hate for america

is not just my opinion. And it's not ahate for america, it's a hatred for corruption and government control which is so prevalent there.
I have gotten out of problems in the U.S. because of being with influential friends. A well known judges son to be exact and he was drunk and driving. The cops statement, "have a good night".
Obviously we were quite happy with the outcome but as far as what is right goes = money is power in the u.s. as well.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 4-18-2004 at 04:40 PM
Hey! JR mi Amigo

Will you accept that where there is money the power follows?
Making a bamboo house does not require much money but I'll bet even there someone has power
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2004 at 07:44 PM
Fines

I have found that the fine I pay here in Mexico is usually less than the bribe I think of offering. Speeding - fine $16 US, running stop sign $8 US. (My favorite things to do) I've been stopped twice, once here on Mex 5 near San Felipe, the other time Mex 1 outside La Paz for no tail lights (blown fuze) I got the sniff test and when I passed that was told to get it fixed as soon as I could. The speeding and stop signs were here in San Felipe. Some time in a earlier life I learned to "don't do the crime if you can;t do the time"
Once I was stopped for somthing I didn't do and said "Let's go to the station" and the cop said "don't do it again" and left.

[Edited on 4-19-2004 by bajalou]

[Edited on 4-19-2004 by bajalou]

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.