BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hugo Torres on Radio this a.m. 7am-9am?
Bronco
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2008 at 07:57 AM
Hugo Torres on Radio this a.m. 7am-9am?

The Lawyer in Blue Jeans, a San Diego Radio show-760 KFMB.

A great time to call and ask some great questions?

How about his relationship with Gabriel Robles and the failing
Ventana al Mar now Destino, The Falls at Puerto Nuevo etc.

The law suit is currently in place and needs to be read by any gingo who thinks he wants part of the "Gold Coast"

Their little group of "Developers" that takes all the pre-construction deposits and cannot afford to protect the
citizens with a decent infrastructure.

How bout buying a military grade Huey for the specific purpose of taking out the "men in black" as they head out of town after a raid.

Bronco
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 1-20-2008 at 08:26 AM

Welcome to the forum..... wish I could listen however can't seem to pick it up here in Todos Santos :lol: ..... maybe you could record it and provide a link..... would be most helpful.

CaboRon

The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 1-20-2008 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bronco

The law suit is currently in place and needs to be read by any gingo who thinks he wants part of the "Gold Coast"

Their little group of "Developers" that takes all the pre-construction deposits and cannot afford to protect the

How bout buying a military grade Huey for the specific purpose of taking out the "men in black" as they head out of town after a raid.

Bronco

You suggest that you know a lot. I see nothing but innuendo.

Got anything for real?

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 1-20-2008 at 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bronco

Bronco

That's all factual and I don't see anything provocative about it myself. Torres lost his real estate license for manipulating the federal zone (land grabbing) last year and theres no shame here I guess (like new orleans politics).

Torres and many of the old guard northern developers over promise and under deliver. They resist efforts for any real estate reforms that would bring clarity and transparancey to the process. And that's ok. The narco crime wave of the past year has hit them hard right when they were finally starting to make big bucks in real estate. They want the system to be clean of corruption, but only after their own pockets are full. '

They want the narco crime to be down so buyers and tourists will rerturn, but that's way beyond anyones control and won't happen soon. Sure the police let the narco gangs get out of town- 20% of the Rosarito force was fired last month after ballistics tests. I'm sure a few of those 20% were on the job and watchful when things took place.

IMHO things will get better. It's just too bad it all hit the fan at the same time (housing downturn and narco crime). It's stopped the local economy cold.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2008 at 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh

IMHO things will get better.

Things will have to get a lot worse before they get better. These guys won't just go away because they hit a little bump in their road. The government has to carry the fight to them, in the cities and outside to wipe them out. One little skirmish won't have a telling effect without making known to the bad guys that this will be a daily pattern of events which they can look forward to.
As far as the last event in Tijuana is concerned, I don't believe the govt. forces knew what they were up against at the time. The resistance caught them by surprise.
It would be inconceivable for the Mexican Government to publically ask for US assistance here and now but, if they really want to put an end to all of this, it would be a good time for them to suck up their bullchit pride and do that and, I'm not talking just about money.
Dannyrose
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2008 at 06:36 PM

Perhaps it'll be like Vegas in the 60's. The mob was in town running things behind the scenes but the tourists were never safer. A deal may/can be worked out where the bad guys don't do anything that affects the tourists. they help the politicians get rid of the corrupt cops that prey on tourists. then the drug lords will be "allowed" to continue moving the drugs without being bothered. Both sides win. I just don't think the gov't will "win" the war on drugs on either side of the border. That's why I told my boss to please understand if he sees my car with a bumper sticker that reads "I support my local drug lord"
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 1-20-2008 at 06:40 PM

You are correct. The narco gangs won't go away and there's no one in Mexico strong enough or with enough body armor to take them on for too long. Let Mexico hire Blackwater to patrol the road from Tj to Ensenada? Too much fun to think about.

Two quotes from the Opinion section of today's San Diego Union Tribune:

Tijuana Shop Clerk: "Now the narcos are killing our children." after gunmen believed linked to drug traffickers killed two children and wounded a third in a spate of violence that also killed three Tijuana police officials plus famliy members.

Gen. Sergio Aponte: "The corruption among the state's police forces runs so deep it is impeding our work." joint head of military operations in Baja California.

I think the Military telling people to call them, not the police if tourists run into big problems is a huge first step (Dianne Gibb letter). At least you have a number to call 24/7 and someone to trust. The US government took forever to give Mexico a $100 million grant to help cobant the narcos- but it took the US GOv't a year to figure out who they could truct to give the money and share teh technology with. They finally decided on the Mexican Army.
Dannyrose
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2008 at 06:43 PM

We'll actually I used the "I support my local drug lord" line after he came to me with the article about the cops bodies being dumped in Tijuana and their heads dumped in Rosarito. I'm in sales..As Chevy Chase said in Deal of the Century..Nothing beats the power of a demonstration!! So I invoke the words of the great Philosopher of our time...Rodney King..and say...CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2008 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dannyrose
they help the politicians get rid of the corrupt cops that prey on tourists.

At least two of the scumbags caught the other day are corrupt cops.
Cartel---corrupt cops.........One and the same. The politicians are another addition to the mix.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 1-20-2008 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dannyrose
Perhaps it'll be like Vegas in the 60's. The mob was in town running things behind the scenes but the tourists were never safer. A deal may/can be worked out where the bad guys don't do anything that affects the tourists. they help the politicians get rid of the corrupt cops that prey on tourists. then the drug lords will be "allowed" to continue moving the drugs without being bothered. Both sides win. I just don't think the gov't will "win" the war on drugs on either side of the border. That's why I told my boss to please understand if he sees my car with a bumper sticker that reads "I support my local drug lord"

Wishful thinking. A lot of the narcos are affiliated with gangbanger deportees from the US who speak perfect english and know Americans trusting behavior. Getting drugs across the border has become harder lateley and the narco gangs are looking for more income fast- not side deals. The anti-American cime (express kidnappings, carjackings, home invasions) are just for quick cash.

What need to happen is for the Mexican people to step up. When children are killed- they croissed the line. When Mexicans lose tourist/reale estate jobs because the narcos scared the customers away- they crossed the line. Only problem is that there's no one left in Mexico to draw the line. 11 million of the Mexican middle class went north to the USA when they saw no hope for a better life for their children and grandchildren. Whats left living in Mexico in the very poor who are powerless, and the rich who don't really minds things they way they are now.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 1-20-2008 at 07:28 PM

I just read this LA Times article... most detail on current TJ narco situation I've seen

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/front/la-me-tijuana...

Don't click on the hyperlink- copy and paste the whole address into your browser.
[Edited on 1-21-2008 by Woooosh]

[Edited on 1-21-2008 by Woooosh]
tjBill
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2008 at 02:16 AM

Great article

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-tijuana20jan20,1,754...

I wonder how long Tijuana's chief of police will last
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2008 at 07:18 AM

Wooosh and tjb,

Both of the above links refer to a " page not found".

Perhaps these pages are time based and expire ?

Just wondering.

CaboRon

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 1-22-2008 at 07:30 AM

Caboron, maybe you need some more coffee, both kinks open just read what Woooosh posted.
Quote:

Don't click on the hyperlink- copy and paste the whole address into your browser.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2008 at 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Caboron, maybe you need some more coffee, both kinks open just read what Woooosh posted.
Quote:

No, I just a click on link guy.

Lazy I guess, but it seems to work for most of the links on the Nomad site.... Don't know what the difference is.

CaboRon

[Edited on 1-22-2008 by CaboRon]

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2008 at 07:50 AM

Grover,

Yours klicked and linked just fine.

CaboRon

tjBill
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2008 at 12:35 PM

Thanks for tech tip, Groover ;D

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-tijuana20jan20,1,754...

[Edited on 1-22-2008 by tjBill]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.