Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Camp Gecko
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2004 at 03:26 PM
Camp Gecko

Don't ya just love Doc's "Camp News" he always calls it as he sees it, no BS, if the weather is bad and the fishing sucks, he doesn't lie and say that everything is 'rosy' to get people down. I just love an honest man, too bad he's married. (just kidding Silvia) :biggrin: (oh yeah, so am I) :rolleyes:
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 4-2-2004 at 05:47 PM
Gecko/ Doc

We called Doc weeks ago and tried to reserve a place for last week, 'sorry, all full for the week'
Stopped off to see him and he had a big vacancy, seems as if a large 'respectable sounding' group did a no-show.... and they had no deposit.
Bummer!
Doc is a really nice guy, it is a joy to stand and spend a few moments talking with him. You are correct, Doc tells it straight.

Baja Arriba!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-2-2004 at 06:16 PM

Last January, Marla's daughter stubbed her toe very badly... We took her to Doc's house... he calmed her down, removed the split nail, bandaged the wound... and refused to accept payment.

Camp Gecko is the place for many Baja travelers... Doc and Sylvia are a big reason why. http://www.campgecko.com

Photo of Doc and I on the trail (below the ore bucket cable tram line) to the San Juan Mines, south of Las Flores. More pics at http://davidksbaja.com/402

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2004 at 06:29 PM
Runner

When you get there always stop and check even if you don't have reservations, more often than not he can offer you something.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2004 at 08:05 PM
reservation

Debra, unfortunately, once we got the turndown we made other, self-contained plans, and with 13 seriously grubby guys it was probably best to sit at La Gringa, shoot off rockets, drink beer and tell bad jokes all to ourselves.
Good tip, though.

Baja Arriba!!
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2004 at 08:26 PM

Shooting off rockets is a lot of fun, I must admit. But, it scares the holy living s.... out of my dog. I feel so sorry for the pets that can't handle it.
Bob H
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2004 at 11:49 PM
rockets

Never saw a dog within 9 miles of La Gringa.
Never took my dog to Baja.
And, if we shoot them off her in lovely Northern California we will likely spend the night at the cross-bar hotel.... not a nice thought.
Soooooo, rocket time in Baja and every dog for himself.

Baja Arriba!!
BajaVida
Senior Nomad

Mood: muy cool

biggrin.gif posted on 4-9-2004 at 08:26 AM
ever wonder why the dogs avoided you?

but Doc is a true gentleman and he speaks better English that I do:yes:

No se apure y dure.

Don\'t hurry and you\'ll last longer.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2004 at 10:09 AM
BV

I hope to meet you down south someday...I have a feel from your posts that you have a great sense of humor!

Runner: You are the ONLY one that doesn't take your dog to Baja I guess. :o
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2004 at 05:03 PM
Baja Vida and the dogs

Debra, I don't take my yellow lab because I have to take Baja Vida. He says the dog would take up too much room, sometimes I think the dog would have better taste in music, but BV is much better at fetching cervezas.
And no, you do not want to meet him, at least in Baja, he cleans up good on this side of the border, but down there is another story.
(s) his faithful travelling partner....

Baja Arriba!!
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2004 at 06:48 PM
HA! "cleaning up good north of the border"

Good point, but, seems that is a problem with most of us have, the good thing is that we all pretty much smell the same! :spingrin: :spingrin: :spingrin:

I'm not sure about that music thing though, have to 'think on it'

You guys are too funny! :tumble:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.