Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Broke down in Las Paz!
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

sad.gif posted on 1-31-2008 at 10:00 AM
Broke down in Las Paz!

We were heading down to Todos Santos when my friends camper van broke down 30 miles outside of La Paz. We were hauled to the VW garage where it's sitting waiting to be worked on. So far they have put off working on it as they are busy and it's going to be a major job. We now are staying at the pensi'on across the street. We have two dogs with us and at this point we will have to see what they say as to know our next move. We were really blessed to so close to La Paz as we had been in the middle of nowhere eariler. Does anyone know of some cheap cabanas to rent on the beach around here? :?:

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 10:14 AM

Well, if you want the work done quickly you could camp out in the van! That should get them moving.

All kidding aside, I hope they get it on the road again for you soon.

P<*))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 10:36 AM

Hi Seva... Sorry to hear about the van. In which direction are you 30 miles from La Paz... are you between San Ignacio and La Paz, or between La Paz and Todos Santos? I you can tell me more precisely, I *might* be able to contact a friend, see if she knows of anything for you.

I do think Paulina has an excellent idea. Camp out in the van, try to giggle and talk like valley girlz all the day long... they'll have you outa there in no time (tocando madera).;D

Nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 11:09 AM

Tell us the symptoms so we can tell if you are being taken to the cleaners.......and how to avoid it.

I admire your ability to keep your priorities straight............car crisis?........where's the closest beachfront digs??????:lol:

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 11:28 AM

Title of this thread sounds like the makings of a good song

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 03:58 PM

Gee Seva...Juan & I went to visit you yesterday and the nice man at La Posada told us you were down south...lucky girl...it was FREEZING in San Igancio. Hope to see ya next time...suerte amiga and enjoy the beach! PS; breakdowns usually lead to wonderful things!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Bajame
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 05:09 PM

Hey thanks gang! It went into the shop today and they took the engine out but we still don't know anything yet. By the way when we broke down it was only the mexicans that stop to help. We got some pics with the feds that called the tow truck. As far as camping in the van we did that but finally the need to shower was to great! Shari, so sorry to miss you. On another note my friend and went to see the whales before we left for the trip and they were doing thier own thing but one came to the boat for a minute and it was good to see the babies and moms. There were so many dolphins! they were swiming in the front of the boat and we played for a bout an hour with them as they would come up and splash us. They are fanstastic! It,s a windy day in La Paz but lots of sun!

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajame
Hey thanks gang! It went into the shop today and they took the engine out but we still don't know anything yet.

Oh, Lordy!!!!:wow:

I hope you gals have a sense of what is worth fixing and what is the end of the line for a car. If not, find someone on the boards who is down there and can make that determination.

Is this a 60s-70s VW bus?

[Edited on 2-1-2008 by Hook]

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 07:37 PM

Pulling out a VW engine isn't as big of a deal as pulling out an engine from some other sort of vehicle. For instance, the engine gets pulled just to replace the clutch. I can pull mine in about an hour or so. If it's a waterboxer, it might be more involved.
Bajame
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 09:48 PM

Its an 85 and in good condition before I think.

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 1-31-2008 at 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajame
Its an 85 and in good condition before I think.

yeah I'm usually in good condition before I think. It's once I start thinking that things go wrong and I'm only 50:o

[Edited on 1-2-2008 by Bajabus]

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
roamingthroughbaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2008 at 06:59 AM

Did you find a place to rent? Do you have a vehicle to get around in? There are places to rent in Centenario that are fairly reasonable.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.