Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Back from Gonzaga
timperkins
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2004 at 08:43 AM
Back from Gonzaga

Just got back from our Gonzaga Bay trip yesterday? Will post a full trip report later, but if you?d like a sneak peak at the photos in advance, here?s the URL:

http://www.pbase.com/timperkins/2004_baja_trip

The photos are laid out in date order, so you can get a feel for the trip (SD -> SF -> Gonzaga -> San Quintin)

Thanks again to all for the info? Couldn?t have done it without your help.

Tim
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2004 at 09:00 AM

Nice Photos!

I have never been on that side of the peninsula south of SF. I need to go!

Here's another tip for you - Lock the camera in the glove box when you get stuck! :biggrin:

You were lucky that both those puppies were still at CL! My wife tried to sneak one past me into our rig recently!!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

dbrooks
Junior Nomad

Mood: The shock treat

[*] posted on 4-8-2004 at 01:09 PM
Where is...

Campo Beluga? I can seem to find it on my maps.

Thanks,

Dbrooks
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2004 at 01:22 PM

Very nice photo journey. Thank you timperkins, for taking me there for a bit of today. :yes:

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
timperkins
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2004 at 02:03 PM
Camp Beluga...

Camp Beluga is "South" of Campo Rancho Grande. It's the farthest camp down the coast from Alphonsinas. It was very nice, very clean and had the best flush toilets I think I've ever seen in a camp on either side of the border!

The downside was that they charged us $20 US per night - $7 more than what Rancho Grande was charging. It wasn't that big of a deal for me, but they lost business to 4 other customers who balked at the price.
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 4-10-2004 at 07:53 AM

Tim, We stayed there Thursday night and your right the place is very clean. I think until they lower there price a little they will have a hard time filling up. We thought we would have a hard time finding a spot because of Semana Santa . Rancho grande was packed and there were still palapas open. Yesterday us and two other camps were moving on. Hope he sees the light It is a nice place.
Mick

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 06:09 AM

Great photos - thanks for posting!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.