BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: San Felipe fishing guide
manrdh

[*] posted on 4-10-2004 at 11:09 PM
San Felipe fishing guide

I would appreciate any info for a good fishing guide in SF. This is my first time in Baja and I will be spending a week in mid-May with my two daughters. We are planning a couple days on Panga and will be shore fishing for the rest of week. Any tips or a word of advice is also very much appreciated.
Thank you
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 01:14 PM

Fishing in San Felipe is not what it use to be but then niether is a lot of places. I've had good luck sometimes fishing from the pangas in town. We have caught mostly corvina 1-5 lbs and when they are schooling up it can be good. I always just show up in the morning around 6:30-7:00 and negoiate a price and a boat. It usually works out to about $20 per person. The best thing to do is hang out at the malecon from about 12:00-2:00 and see if anybody is bringing in any fish. Talking with the fisherman upon their return is the best and most updated information you can get. Bring frozen squid from home. Also bring your own rods and reels hooks and sinkers. I hope this helps you some good luck. Paul
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 07:36 PM

We do guided trips to the Enchanted Islands 63 miles south of San Felipe. We are more of an all inclsive option http://www.gonetobaja.com has the info. The best fishing to be had in the area is from Puertecitos south. You can get there in a truck with that frozen squid and have a great time!

GTB

[Edited on 4-12-2004 by gonetobaja]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.