Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Coilover or lift kit?
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 4-21-2008 at 01:02 PM

Cypress-----------not a thing wrong with hiking boots, but I don't recall anybody saying anything about litterally going "off road"----------Where are you coming from with that? :?:

The equipment we are talking about just makes driving primitive roads soooooo much more enjoyable and safe.

Barry
TonyC
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2008 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Seems like there are enough back country roads in Baja already? :O If someone wants to go off-road what's wrong with a good pair of hiking boots?:tumble:

Cypress, I think I know where you were going. No disrespect to the land. Hiking and offroad driving.... apples, and oranges. I like both.

I've hiked into a few wilderness forest in North Cal., and Oregon to camp, and bow hunt. I like what you meant by off-road. The offroading I was referring to is a different way to enjoy getting away from pavement. Whatever floats your boat...right? Just respect the land.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 4-21-2008 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
If someone wants to go off-road what's wrong with a good pair of hiking boots?:tumble:

In 3 days, you can see some real nice Baja Backcountry. 3 days on foot, you're barely scraching the surface.

Baja Pole Line Road - Sierra Juarez Mtns.

Peloncito
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2008 at 09:57 PM

Tony,

Very nice modification you have there! I also have Tundra (but an '05) I just ordered the Camburg "Performance Kit" with 2.5" coil over shocks and upper control arms. I opted for the Deaver rear leaf spring package as well. For wheels, I have 17"x 8" Robby Gordon race rims with 33" Nitto Terra Graplers. In addition, for $30, I added the Total Chaos urethane bushing steering kit which really tightens things up nicely.

Looks great!

Mike
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-8-2008 at 11:03 AM

Thanks for the pics Ken Cooke.:)There's no way a hiker can "see" as much back country as someone traveling at whatever speed all the high teck add-ons will allow.:) But do you really see much more than the next rock/hole etc. when traveling at speed along a desert track?:)
TonyC
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2008 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the pics Ken Cooke.:)There's no way a hiker can "see" as much back country as someone traveling at whatever speed all the high teck add-ons will allow.:) But do you really see much more than the next rock/hole etc. when traveling at speed along a desert track?:)

YES. Fast isn't the only speed. There isn't one pic. of a rock, and a hole. I see great off road pictures. Sorry I bit.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 07:20 AM

Quote:

As you can see, I took these photographs while stopped alongside the trail. I love being in the deserts and mountains of Baja, and the photography here at my house is proof.

Sierra Las Tinajas (SouthWest of Mexicali):

If you ask me, I've been able to see plenty thanks to jumping off of the pavement, looking around, and setting up camp with some nice people who I've met over the years...
These photos are very good proof, as well.

[Edited on 5-10-2008 by Ken Cooke]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 08:39 AM

Thanks Ken... the Pole Line Road, yes?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Thanks Ken... the Pole Line Road, yes?

Yes, the Pole Line Road. The run begins 5 mi. south of the border in the Laguna Salada along Hwy 2, and travels south near La Ventana towards Hwy 5. Its a nice, short trip with plenty to see, and a few rocks to crawl over.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke

In 3 days, you can see some real nice Baja Backcountry. 3 days on foot, you're barely scraching the surface.

it's all about quality, not quantity. :lol:
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

Um...sometimes, but not always. :bounce:

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2008 at 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

You would have loved that 8 hour walk in the 1.5 mile La Turquesa wash with The Squarecircle climbing over, around and thru rocks and sand and cactus with bugs swarming around your head.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.