BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Estero Coyote: Any experience?
SteveU

[*] posted on 4-28-2004 at 11:30 AM
Estero Coyote: Any experience?

Hello there, I'm kinda new to all of these different boards, I didn't realize there was a specific board for kayaking. I am planning on taking the wife & kids(3&6) down to Campo Rene/Punta Abreojos this August. I noticed Elgatoloco mentioned fishing/kayaking in the Estero. Can anyone(including Elgatoloco), tell me what it is like kayakfishing this estero? What are some other fun things my kids might like? Any hot spots for beachcombing? Has anyone camped or stayed in the tiny little bungalows there(I stopped there once with some surfers, so I only was there for five minutes)? Any info would be appreciated!
Steve
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-28-2004 at 07:39 PM

We have camped at the Estero a few times. We have kayaked there many times. We have fished there as well. The fishing has not been the big draw. Mainly the paddling amongst the northernmost mangroves in the western hemisphere. We highly recommend it. The tides can be extreme and you may find that you enter or exit thru the mud. We have no experience with the bungalows(Campo Rene). We either camp on the estero or drive from town to put the yaks in the water. As for beachcombing, there are miles and miles and miles of sandy beach between Campo Rene and Abreojos town. Go for it!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2004 at 08:59 AM

I spent 4 nights in the mangrove areas, paddling to a different beach each night, exploring, fishing, birding, etc. You can hike to the shores of the Pacific Ocean (tons of sand dollars on the beach). The bass fishing is great in some places. The wind may come up and it's difficult paddling. One time we elected to walk our boats about a mile shuffling our feet as we walked through the stingrays (not a problem), instead of paddling in the wind - we made better time. Got stuck one morning waiting for the tide to come in, and decided to pull the boats through the mud instead of wait. Mud up to our ankles. It's fascinating back in there.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.