BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: LOT'S and LOT'S to see at or near BAHIA DE LOS ANGELES!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-10-2008 at 11:22 AM

Hi Paulina!

Really too hot only for a month or two (IMO)... so just siesta the day away!

Remember this day, July 4, 2001 at Las Flores... I call this photo "Peek-a-boo Paulina"!:biggrin:

Lost Mission Hunt #1, Viva Baja 4WD Van. El Camote shot some great video that day... thunder storm, Desert Rat's wild call, Neal Johns at the disresprctful wife monument, David Eidell and the cholla in his foot, etc. etc.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2008 at 12:01 PM

What was I doing behind that door? :wow: That was a fun adventure!

Really, the heat doesn't bother us. We love it. It makes for great fishing. We had all kinds of weather this trip. 110 in the shade to west winds, no wind, 90% humidity to less than 20%, thunder storms, lightning so close one night we could "feel it", we had to take our bed down from the deck. Golf ball sized rain drops that make it tough to sleep when they bomb you in the eyeball. Some nights were so still and humid that the bed was wet, then other nights we had to hold on to the sheets and pillows so they wouldn't blow away. We took our ice chest to bed a few nights so that our water would be cold and a quick dip in the icy water with the sheets would make for a comfortable opportunity to fall asleep.

LOTS of falling stars and counting satellites is always fun.

The first seagull starts squacking around 5:30 am, signaling the coolest time of the day when we would lie there and enjoy the early morning breeze before the sun peeked up over the mountain.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. I'll have to make a trip report later, on another thread.

P<*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2008 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Hey DK-

I see you included Las Animas but failed to mention Pancho and Playa San Rafael. We need to have a Nomad gathering there some time soon.

Zac

We want in!

The First Annual Pancho's Playa San Rafael Bocce Ball Invitational and Tequila Appreciation! :cool::lol:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2008 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gringorio
Hey David - thanks! I especially like the BLA photos ... Lots of good memories from there for me. Hope to return soon.

How do you find the time to explore so much?

In the mean time, I'm exploring the upper Colorado River near Moab next week. In my sea kayak, paddling up-river. The same river that (barely) feeds the Sea of Cortez...

gringorio ;)

Hi Greg,

I don't fish much anymore... done so much of that before (my dad's passion and reason for going to Baja 43 years ago) and also camped on the beach most every Baja trip... with an occaisional exploration or mapping trip... The place just attracts me like a magnet and I have always liked sharing what I found. I published my first Baja road guide in July 1973, when I was 15!

Since I got my first Tacoma (Nov., 2000), I have used the truck to explore all the sites that sounded intersting I have heard or read about, in addition to revisiting the ones I have seen before.

The simple answer is, I am self employed, so when I can afford to, I go...

2000 is also when I statred my web site and began adding trip pages to it to inspire other Baja lovers to discover and see the MANY exotic sites in the peninsula. I have raised my 2 children to love the outdoors, California (Baja) history and camping through our camping trips to the desert and Baja California.

When I started dating Elizabeth (now 'Baja Angel' & Mrs. David K), I had to show her my 'mistress' (Baja)... and why it has so attracted me to return again and again!

Baja is a land full of beautiful and interesting places and so many of them are not along the coast or over the water, where so many of us spend our time when there.

I also want to personally thank Mr. Neal Johns for his advice and friendship... a great desert explorer and really fun guy! Neal's advice for me to get a Toyota was a blessing... what a great Baja machine both of my Tacomas have been!

I also live about an hour from the border, which makes trips there a whole lot easier than coming from Colorado or Canada, eh???
================================================

Photo of my dad and I at the beach north of Laguna Manuela, a surf fishing paradise, about 1983... Here see my 4WD Subaru packed solid for the trip home. Photo taken by my mom who, with her two little dogs, rode in the back seat. I believe this was my dad's last trip to Baja before he died.

nomad 033.jpg - 41kB

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 11:21 AM

Bump from 11 years ago... So many more trips and photos taken since!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.