Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-21-2008 at 07:06 AM
noticia a fishbuck!!

Cherokee !80 for sale IFR Dual King Garmin gps 150

Many extras a nice ifr platform 1500 smoh 3000 ttaf fresh annual

$32,000.00 Call 908-475-2949 eves or 908-319-6837 cell

ask for Rich Moved up to a Comanche Call for details and pics

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 8-21-2008 at 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
Cherokee !80 for sale IFR Dual King Garmin gps 150

Many extras a nice ifr platform 1500 smoh 3000 ttaf fresh annual

$32,000.00 Call 908-475-2949 eves or 908-319-6837 cell

ask for Rich Moved up to a Comanche Call for details and pics

Wow! That is a fairly fresh airframe for 180! And a great price.
I might need to raid my 401k.
1500 smoh, will it run to 2000 before overhaul?:spingrin:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2008 at 08:47 AM

This is a language that I do not understand, at all. Bob H
:?:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-21-2008 at 09:04 AM

Pilots all talk in code!:lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 8-21-2008 at 09:12 AM

It's pilot talk.
a Piper PA28-180 is a 4 seater that flys at about 125mph. The 180 is the rated horsepower of the engine. It's fairly fast and carries a decent load. Pretty good range and I think it can run on auto fuel so that solves a real problem when flying in Baja
TTAF is Total Time Air Frame. That is all the hours flown on it since it rolled out the factory door. They have been out of production for quite some time so that is very low. Which is good.
SMOH is Since Major Over Haul. That refers to the engine time. This plane is on it's second engine but it's getting near time for it's third engine. That's why the price is relatively low. An engine overhaul is about $10,000.
I was asking Capt Mike if he thought I could fly it for another 500 hours before it needs an overhaul.
If I can then I would probably be ready to upgrade to a more capable aircraft.
500 hours is alot of flying.
Anybody want to go in half on this plane? I would like to park it at Long Beach or John Wayne or Fullerton. Maybe French Valley.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2008 at 12:38 PM

Grover, that was GREAT!
Bob H
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

eureka.gif posted on 8-21-2008 at 02:29 PM
ha!

been a while since you priced an overhaul on an O-360 Bucky?
$10K gets you in the door not out.
plan on $20K with R&R and all new accessories. My 6 banger will be $30 by the time it is done turn key. my mooney's IO-360 was $17K

and my 180 could do 145 mph easy on 10 GPH, yur thinking 172 speeds amigo - the piper will do the 20 faster trust me.

forget mogas, not worth it. you'll have stuck valves when you don't want 'em!

2000 hrs is just the factory recommendation. if you're part 91 only, not 135 and the jugs are reading 70s hell - keep
flying it past TBO lots of guys do. just watch oil use and compression, not a biggie.

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
It's pilot talk.
a Piper PA28-180 is a 4 seater that flys at about 125mph. The 180 is the rated horsepower of the engine. It's fairly fast and carries a decent load. Pretty good range and I think it can run on auto fuel so that solves a real problem when flying in Baja
TTAF is Total Time Air Frame. That is all the hours flown on it since it rolled out the factory door. They have been out of production for quite some time so that is very low. Which is good.
SMOH is Since Major Over Haul. That refers to the engine time. This plane is on it's second engine but it's getting near time for it's third engine. That's why the price is relatively low. An engine overhaul is about $10,000.
I was asking Capt Mike if he thought I could fly it for another 500 hours before it needs an overhaul.
If I can then I would probably be ready to upgrade to a more capable aircraft.
500 hours is alot of flying.
Anybody want to go in half on this plane? I would like to park it at Long Beach or John Wayne or Fullerton. Maybe French Valley.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 8-21-2008 at 04:02 PM

Ya, that's good speed alright. I haven't flown one. I just checked AERO SPEC online. Maybe looked at the wrong model.
I overhauled an engine for a Cessna 150 a few years back. It was derelict here at Long Beach. I took the wings and tail off, put it in a U-haul and took it to my dads shop in Florida. We did it in house so that's maybe why I thinking low.
I bought it cheap but didn't make much of it when I sold it.
It hadn't run for years but I cleaned the fuel system and charged the battery before I took it apart. It fired up after a few rotations and ran pretty good.
When we studied the log book it had a prop strike once. There was no damage to the crank externally so they put a new prop on and kept flying.
When we tore it down we found a crack in crank and had to replace it.
My specialty is heavy aircraft (Boeing C-17 currently) so my knowledge of light aircraft maintanace costs is lacking. But if I buy a plane I guess I learn quick enough!:lol:

[Edited on 8-21-2008 by fishbuck]

beercan
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy to be in Baja

[*] posted on 8-22-2008 at 06:52 AM
Miguel--what are you selling these daze ???

Time shares or used cars !!! I flew many if not most of the Pipers--(that's what I learned in) and the 180 or Archer could barely pass a Warrior ! Good basic simple planes to own and fly !
Kinda like the fella that showed up at PRC and said that his Arrow was a 180 KT plane !!! I said sure --straight down -huh ?

Quote:
by Mike
and my 180 could do 145 mph easy on 10 GPH, yur thinking 172 speeds amigo - the piper will do the 20 faster trust me.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

* libs, all about choice until you choose different
* B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
* Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
* Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
* Lets win the War on Terror
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2008 at 07:40 AM

no Bob - i swear, we had 2 cherokee 180s in the club and i flew them over 500 hours 1980 to 1985 when i bought the mooney.
i trued 145 MPH - not KTS - all the time. book was about 128 kts or 145 mph.

if you thot i meant 145 kts, no it won't do that, my comanche does it all day long at 65% power tho!! about 155 at 75% but the gas suckage goes up by 2 GPH for 10 kts, not worth it.

Bucky - if yur an A&P or AI you will save a ton of $$. i bet you can OH it for $10K yourself. it's the labor that eats it up, the $$

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.