Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Real Estate Prices
rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2004 at 05:11 PM
Real Estate Prices

I'm interested in hearing opinions from some of you more seasoned Baja property owners, about the current price of quality real estate in Baja Sur's more established cities such as Loreto, La Paz, and San Jose del Cabo.
Have prices moved up too dramatically already?
Moving forward-flatten out? drop? spike up?

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-10-2004 at 05:41 PM
expect all to move up and fairly fast

but only at the nicer established properties and developments. dumpy places will stay that way, that's why i rent a palapa at a modest venue - i don't want high priced caca around me and the types that attracts.....but be forewarned, baja will become even more popular as the price of California real estate continues to get totally out of hand!!!:(:O:fire::mad:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2004 at 03:50 AM

Rogerj1;
Your question has many answers depending on whether or not you are an Agent looking for Investment or someone looking for a Reitrement Site,or a Baja Nut looking for peace and quiet.
Quality is a doubled edge Sword.
What do you mean by Quality Property?
Skeet/Loreto
"In God I Trust"
dono
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2004 at 06:26 AM

Prices here in los Barriles continue to appreciate yearly, beachfront 10 to 15% , view lots 5 to 10 % .
rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2004 at 08:02 AM
Quality?

Quality for me would be beachfront or ocean view by accessible, attractive beaches.

Skeet: I'm used to being around people so I don't want to be too far off the beaten path. Of course in 5 or 10 years, isolated could become much less isolated.

I'm not a real estate expert, yet the idea of making a good investment is very appealing to me.

[Edited on 5-11-2004 by rogerj1]

[Edited on 5-11-2004 by rogerj1]
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2004 at 01:24 PM

BeachFront Property is very Expensive with Clear Title.
There are isolated Areas where an investment is worthwhile.

I bought and sold several properties over the years I lived in Loreto and watched the small Lots North of Town double in 5 years.

If you can find 2 small Lots that can be melted into a Larger Lot,it is more Attractive to the Americanos.

there are some good buys back from the Beach which can be bought directly from the Mexicano Owner.

I like La Ventana for the View and the Fishing, and being close to La Paz.

Loreto is a good investment 'If" Water Problem is solved.It has much room to expand.I think the new Area North of Loreto is very well done and will appreciate rapidly.

If you decide you don't like Baja, come over to the Central Valley of Calif. where prices have Doubled, are go to the Area West of Los Banos.

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"
dono
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2004 at 06:31 AM
real estate

skeet i think la ventana has a water problem too. but very beautiful area and not over priced yet.
Markitos
Nomad

Mood: let me check

[*] posted on 5-13-2004 at 06:29 AM

Are they working on the water at La Ventana?

All that wonder are not lost
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2004 at 02:02 PM

Here is the link to the property that I just bought into. http://www.hterranova.com.mx/bahia/project.htm
We bought an ocean view lot with easy access to a beautiful beach for less than $50K total price including fediocamiso. The listed prices are negotiable. We paid a third less for our lot because of erosion that we will have to fix with some retaining walls etc. There are about five modest houses and one more expensive one on the beachfront built to date, and we need nice neighbors. Come on down!!
Prices in closer to los cabos are a lot higher, and the congestion is not what we were interested in. 13 miles of dirt road has a tendency to thin the crowd.

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
Barney
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2004 at 08:37 PM

Captain Mike has the right idea, keep as cheep as possible. Should some real estate scam beset apon you, the loss would be less savere.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.