Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cerritos camping
jack
Nomad

Mood: Eat Heavy

[*] posted on 11-19-2008 at 12:03 PM
Cerritos camping

Does any one know if you can still camp at Los Cerritos just south of Todos Santos? I heard a rumor that the old RV park reopened.
abreojos
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2008 at 08:25 PM

Was there yesterday and it is closed. There are other options. Ask for a Canadian guy named Ean at the beach restaurant. He has just opened a new campground. Other than that you can buy a condo starting at $350,000. Lots of changes going on there.
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 11-19-2008 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by abreojos
Other than that you can buy a condo starting at $350,000. Lots of changes going on there.

:no::no::no::no::fire::no::no::no::no:

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
jack
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marie-Rose
Quote:
Originally posted by abreojos
Other than that you can buy a condo starting at $350,000. Lots of changes going on there.

:no::no::no::no::fire::no::no::no::no:

I agree Marie-Rose, things just aren't like they used to be.
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 01:50 PM

Apparently the gates to the parking lot near the beach club will be closed in the next few weeks and they will start charging for parking. They were giving out stickers to whomever wanted them and said if you have a sticker you will be able to get in for free... for the remainder of this season. What a drag... especially for those Mexican families that would congregate there every sunday.

Having said that. There were 6 or 7 campers further down the beach last week. Hopefully they won't start squeezing out that part of the beach as well.:no::no:

Remember, when in Mexico, yes may be no and no may be
maybe!
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 02:40 PM

I'd love to see a recent picture of the area.
We used to head north into the hills above the beach/old campground and make our own space.
Any idea if this area is still open to camping ?
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 06:23 PM
Cerritos Beach

Diver,

I was at Cerritos on October 6th, it was a gorgeous day and my lab Chazz met this foxy weimeraner named Nena there in the surf.

As far as camping up on that hill above the beach.....

Oregon developer Roger Pollock is building a 20,000 square foot castle up on that high point overlooking his Cerritos Beach Club.

He can't block access to the beach, as everyone knows, but he is going to charge folks to park on his lot. I guess if you have the millions to buy all that land, you get to call the shots. :rolleyes:

Chazz and Nena at Cerritos Beach.jpg - 38kB

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
Loretana
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 06:27 PM
And here is the new Cerritos Beach Castle

[Edited on 11-21-2008 by Loretana]

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
Loretana
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 06:38 PM
One more time

The Castle

-Nikola Tesla
standingwave
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 09:05 PM

Here's a link to a couple of pics of the castle that are posted on Google Earth.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/11463867.jpg
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/12677742.jpg

Heck, go away from a place for a few years and look what happens.
:(:(:(

[Edited on 11-21-2008 by standingwave]

\"I could not help concluding this man had the most supreme pleasure while he was driven so fast and so smoothly by the sea.\"
James Cook
Loretana
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2008 at 09:47 PM
Cerritos Beach Castle

I got a message saying "My SQL has encountered an unknown error. Please set the DEBUG flag to TRUE in header.php" when I tried to post photo. Maybe this time it will work.......?

-Nikola Tesla
jack
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2008 at 01:05 PM

It is incredible how quickly Cerritos has changed in the last few years. It was an excellent place to camp, perfect weather, not much wind, close to water, stores and restaurants, etc. So far I haven't found any other place on the Baja that even comes close. Damn I hate progress, if you can call it that.:no::mad::fire:
Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 11-21-2008 at 01:41 PM

Since the titles came available through the Ejido, a lot has changed at Los Cerritos. Too bad, really.

The area just south (by the condo/hotel complex) is basically open for camping just because the land is under dispute right now and nobody has the authority to tell anyone to leave.

I asked a few campers if anyone had said anything to them about camping there and they said they hadn't heard from anyone, but if someone asked them to leave, they would.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-21-2008 at 01:49 PM

OMG...I had forgotten how long it had been since I was there...when some cool gringo lived in a trailer there and Socio rented boards on the beach and that was all there was...my fav camp spot...I would love er hate to see some pics of all the stuff there now...beach club??

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.