BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Am about to spend 4 nites in Ensenada,anyone stayed at Motel Colon ?
BritishGirl

[*] posted on 5-21-2004 at 09:50 PM
Am about to spend 4 nites in Ensenada,anyone stayed at Motel Colon ?

I am about to move to Punta Banda next week. I am gonna spend 4 nites and days in Ensenada and have been told to try the Motel Colon ?? Anyone ever stayed there ? And where should i hang out eating, drinking to meet Americans living over there..??
Cheers..
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 5-21-2004 at 10:01 PM
motel colon

i've recomended the colon before,it's an older horseshoe shaped motel,there are about eight fairly new room on the right as you drive in,ask for those..around the corner is a pretty good steak house,good luck:yes:
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 5-21-2004 at 10:48 PM
A Positive Report

British Girl, We were down there today. Punta Banda has really changed for the BETTER, dramatically, almost felt like taking the house off of the market, and moving back.

Did you consider staying at the Pabloff's little motel at La Jolla? The rooms have small kitchenettes and hot mineral water in the tubs. Used to be $25.00 per night.

You could probably contact Becky, she's tight with the family.

[Edited on 5-22-2004 by Margie]
Kathleen

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 07:23 AM
ensenada

Quote:
Originally posted by BritishGirl
I am about to move to Punta Banda next week. I am gonna spend 4 nites and days in Ensenada and have been told to try the Motel Colon ?? Anyone ever stayed there ? And where should i hang out eating, drinking to meet Americans living over there..??
Cheers..
>>>

I found that the internet place is a good place to find people who are living there. Go straight down the main street from hotel colon--you will see a mcdonalds--go around to the other side of it--not the side with the walk up window.
Keep heading down about a half block and you will see the internet place--does anyone know what it is called?
I don't like any of the other internet places in town. This one is great!
Anyway, they have chairs and couches and snacks and drinks -I have found hanging out there you can meet US people who live there.
Go to hussongs and papas and beer --most are tourists but my 23 yr old met some US people that lived in ensenada last summer when we were there.
Kathleen

Kathleen

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish,
ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
Mother Teresa
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 08:26 AM

Just returned from my trip and guess where we stayed....COLON....nice clean rooms...hot water....they even let us park overnight with trailers while we were gone and not even staying there that night....
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 08:31 AM
What do you look like?

:lol::lol::lol::saint:
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 03:50 PM

I'm six feet tall and 60 years old.....:P
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 05:11 PM
Not you !

Not you!!:lol:
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2004 at 09:04 PM
Motel Rudis

My wife and I were heading home after going to Rosario and after dinner and it was getting toward dark decided to stay in Ensenada. Not knowing anything about the motels, except we didn't want to spend much, saw a sign for "Motel Rudis" Parking in a enclosed courtyard, 24 hr attendant in office, TV, bed, closet and bathroom with the usual. Very clean - plenty of blankets (We find Ensenada rather cold after San Felipe). A little short on hot water. Price - 2 persons 180 pesos Sun thru Thurs. We Will go back if we ever need a motel there again. Ave Hidalgo #450.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.