Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Gas at Gonzaga Bay
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2004 at 08:24 PM
Gas at Gonzaga Bay

Hi: what's the latest on the availability of gas at Gonzaga. We'll be down next Sunday on our way to BOLA.
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 5-22-2004 at 09:03 PM
Gas at Gonzaga

Let us check this directly with Pemex.

We will post latest info next on Monday 24th.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is much more than a dream..."
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2004 at 09:11 PM
Thanks!

I'll need about 60-70 gallons.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-22-2004 at 09:21 PM

JZ, I hope you know to fill up in San Felipe? Gonzaga is not 100% guaranteed to have gas... If Alfonsina's Pemex is closed, then Rancho Grande tries to have gas for sale $3.00/gal. across the street.
Since it is only 100 slow miles from San Felipe to Gonzaga, I hope you really don't need 60 gallons (unless there is 6 or more vehicle)!

FYI>> There are two vendors selling gas at the L.A. Bay Jcn. and two at L.A. Bay as well ($2.80-$3.00/gal.).

Have a great trip!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2004 at 09:24 PM

David: I'm going by water. I have enough gas to get to BOLA, but want to take the opportunity to fill up if possible.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 03:26 PM

Well... that is interesting! I look forward to reading about your journey! Check with the shark fisherman at Puerto Calamajue if you are in a bind. Nothing else until L.A. Bay. Auto roads come to the coast near Punta Candelero (Arroyo los Candeleros) and again at Bahia Guadalupe/Remedios at the big shack on the beach. They lead back to the L.A. Bay highway at the dry lake bed.

Good Luck!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 04:04 PM
Gonzaga Gas is not necessarily near the water

JZ-----I don't think that anybody mentioned that the Alfonsina Pemex, and Rancho Grande gas barrels, are not near the water. They are about a mile inland. It might be possible to get gas at Papa Fernandez, or Alfonsina's on the beach, but I really doubt it, and I would not count on it. The only sure way is to have a logistical buddy haul gasoline down to Gonzaga in a truck.

Are you taking your boat out of the water at BOLA? If not, and you intend to continue on south, then you should have the means with you to haul gasolina down to your boat from Diaz's barrels which are about 300 yards from the water. Diaz can probably haul down some 55 gal. drums to the beach for you, but I would have an alternative, if I were you. Just my thoughts. Should be a fantastic trip. Carry a spare auxiliary engine, or a buddy boat, I should think. I have always wanted to make that trip. Barry
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 08:30 PM
Good info

I have the means of transporting about 30 gallons to the boat at a time. I've fueled up at BOLA before, so I've got an idea how to do that.

We are continuing on to San Carlos, Sonora, with stops at San Francisquito and Dog Bay (near Kino). After leaving Gonzaga we plan to spend a night at Puerto Refugio before heading down to BOLA.

Any comments on fuel availability at San Francisquito. I have enough gas to run from BOLA to Kino Bay. But don't want to miss any opportunity to grab some extra fuel.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-23-2004 at 10:01 PM
Fuel at San Francisquito-or lack thereof

JZ-----what a great trip you have planned. 2 years ago, there was AV gas at San Francisquito, right beside the airport and near the water. There was no regular fuel, tho. Not much there, and I would not count on it unless something has changed in the last two years. Beach landing is a problem near the airport----big currents, steep beach, and waves. Landing is easy at the little Cala San Francisquito, but that is a mile or two from the airport. What type of boat are you running in??
Brandi
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2004 at 02:41 PM
Another gas suggestion

When we boated in, we were able to get gas in Punta Final....if they have some, they bring it down to the water in barrels. I'll be in Gonzaga this upcoming weekend...drive (err...boat) by and wave! Have a safe trip.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-24-2004 at 02:55 PM
Thanks!

We'll be coming in sometime around noon on the 30th (Sunday), weather permitting.

If you get a chance, please mention it to folks down there.

Barry: the boat is a 31' sport cruiser w/twin 5.7 Volvo duoprops. We've got a good list of gear; EPIRB, dingy, life raft, 3 GPS; 3 Hand-helds; sat phone; 3 anchors plus a sea anchor; extra gas, etc.

A local guy from San Carlos that I know is meeting us in Mexicali to help with the boat duties.

[Edited on 5-24-2004 by JZ]
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 5-24-2004 at 04:38 PM
Pemex at Gonzaga

JZ....

Great trip you are planning. Hope you enjoy it very much.

About gasoline at Gonzaga. There is a Pemex Station working there, but right now they are having difficulty in delivering fuel over there.

Theorically Pemex says there will be no problems, but the owner of that gas station told us that he is having trouble with the company wich delivers them the gasoline.

So, there are no assurances about avalibility, however, the owner of the Gonzaga Station told us that he will do his best no to run out during this weekend.

That's the info we have. If we have any news we will let you know.

Have a great trip.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is much more than a dream..."

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.