Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: SF weekender
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 08:42 AM
SF weekender

We are back from a short stay in San Felipe. On the way down I stopped to meet El Camote and have a coldie with him. To my suprise baja Lou was there also. So I got to meet 2 new friends at one shot. El Camote was quick with the thirst quencher, an ice cold ballena that was quite refreshing. We took a tour of his house and talked for a while before I had to keep heading south. Next time I'll plan for a little more time. I wanted to get to my dads before dark and I was running about 1 hour behind schedule.
Town was packed as expected so we didn't even stop for our usual fish tacos. It was just a gas stop and headed south. Weather was nice a little warm in the morning without a breeze. The breeze would start up around 10:30 and last through the afternoon. We fished from shore catching small spotted bay bass nothing over a pound. My son JP had a blast catching 2 at a time.. We did stop in town on the way home Monday around 12:30 for eats and some shopping to work off lunch. There was traffic on the way home but not to bad. The military stop on the way home was just a waive through and the border wait at the old port(calexico) was only about 30 minutes it went very fast for how long it was. One thing I noticed is there were quite a few pot holes on the way down around K120 or so.There is a good stretch of them. I don't think I've seen them like that for a long time......Anyway it was a fun get away and very nice to meet el camote and Baja lou...Thanks for the pacificos and can't wait to hookup again....Paul
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 09:19 AM

It was great to meet you too Paul, and the family. I really feel for you, having to be back up in the Old Country, but you're real close so can get back down soon.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

smile.gif posted on 6-2-2004 at 09:33 AM
Good to meet you and the familia, Paul...

...next time we'll have to allow enough time to get in a back country / moto trip!
:bounce:
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2004 at 08:24 PM

El Camote,,,,,, sounds good keep in touch. You have my email or did you forget ? I'll keep you posted about the next Familia loca trip..maybe you can fit in in...We won't finalize the dates until who knows when but as soon as I hear I'll let you know...Probably in March sometime.... They said February is to cold..
Maybe we can get Desert Rat to come with us...take care Paul

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.