BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: eBay user: bajaloco1 ... is that someone from here???
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 05:09 PM
eBay user: bajaloco1 ... is that someone from here???

If so... quit raisin' my bid!!!

:P

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 05:28 PM

It ain't me - but doesn't that drive you nuts when it's an item you really want!

It's happened to me more that once, where I've had to make my last bid within seconds of the close...that's what makes ebay so great, of course, with so much stuff being available, all the time.

I think they have gone astray, though, with all of the 'ebay store' stuff on there now, with only 'buy now' prices, without any bidding...makes it harder to find the real auction stuff!

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
bajaloco
Nomad

Mood: wishin I was fishin

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 06:57 PM

I feel like I just got caught doing something wrong by the teacher...Yep it was me, but I had know idea who I was bidding with....sorry Doug...just thought it would make a good read on my next trip...:O:lol:
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 08:42 PM

Figure out the maximum you would pay. Enter that and have the system automatically bid for you. Works for me.

Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 08:47 PM

Perfect example of a bully pulpit.:lol:
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaloco
I feel like I just got caught doing something wrong by the teacher...Yep it was me, but I had know idea who I was bidding with....sorry Doug...just thought it would make a good read on my next trip...:O:lol:
I was just havin' fun... no worries. Just figured it might be someone here, so posted that to get their/your attention.

:biggrin:

BajaLoco... I've used that handle before elsewhere at times... I've got an old Scorpion Bay clothing company t-shirt that says "Baja Loco" tequila (or something like that).

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-1-2004 at 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Figure out the maximum you would pay. Enter that and have the system automatically bid for you. Works for me.
It also sometimes drives the prices higher to put your high bid in early... but on the other hand.... at the last minute.... it works like a charm.

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
It also sometimes drives the prices higher to put your high bid in early

By itself it doesn't. When you enter a maximum bid it only triggers when someone else bids. If two bidders have maximum bids the price will be driven up to the highest silent bid, but if you predetermine your maximum and don't get caught up in a bidding war it doesn't matter what the final bid is.

If you value an item at X and set your limit there, the fact that it sells for 10x only matters to the dummy who overpaid.:biggrin:

I've found it helps to enter my maximum in dollars AND cents. Sometimes you can win an auction by a nickle.

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2004 at 02:58 PM

Dave, that's what I do. I've often got the item way below what my max was - no one else wanting to bid it up. The cents is important - look what the minimum bid incriment is and plan accordingly. Sometimes my bid makes a jump right after I put it in, meaning someone else had a max that I went over. Pretty good system I think. The last second bidding only works if there is no higher max in the system with a additional 1 second to go.

Happy bidding:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.