Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Grilling (& Other) Recipes in Baja
kitjv
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2009 at 12:17 PM
Grilling (& Other) Recipes in Baja

A lot of the recipes on this forum are for bringing that Baja experience back home. That's great.

However, we will be in the Los Barilles area during April & have access to a full kitchen & BBQ grill. I would love to have some of your favorite recipes which use only locally available foods, herbs & spices -- especially fish. We won't be taking any food with us, so we will be relying exclusively on local mercados & the sea.

Thank you.
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 2-14-2009 at 09:23 AM

I see noone has replied to your request-

try using the search feature of this forum

click on the SEARCH button in the purple toolbar at the top.

Enter "recipe" in the search for line. Many good listings whether they are for NOB or SOB. Have fun-

[Edited on 2-14-2009 by BajaNuts]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2009 at 09:40 AM

Maybe Sharksbaja will see this and give you some help. He owns/operates a fish restaurant and is the resident expert.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Profile for Sharksbaja
Username Sharksbaja (Send U2U) (Add to Address Book)
Select Nomad
kitjv
Junior Nomad

smile.gif posted on 2-14-2009 at 12:42 PM

Thanks, guys. No worries. I can be creative. Every so often it's nice to tap into other peoples' ideas to get my creative juices flowing.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2009 at 01:28 PM

Gee Dennis I am humbled! Happy Valentines Day to you too!

I think I shared my "Tinfoil Tuna" recipe a couple years back. It's my fav bbq recipe for fish. I'll do a search hang on.....

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2009 at 01:34 PM
Here tis:

Best with tuna types and the easiest:

Take a fresh fish. Clean and split in two.
Lay 1/2 fish on foil sheet.
Take one tomato and one onion. Slice thinly and distribute evenly on one half of fish.
Salt and pepper
then cover with other half of fish.

Roll in foil two times and place in med hot tended coals for 1-2hrs, rotating occasionally. Garnish with lemon/lime.
A meal fit for any Nomad!

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 2-14-2009 at 02:03 PM

tomato......nice twist! sounds yummy....
kitjv
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2009 at 05:42 PM

Beauty! I'm all over it! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Best with tuna types and the easiest:

Take a fresh fish. Clean and split in two.
Lay 1/2 fish on foil sheet.
Take one tomato and one onion. Slice thinly and distribute evenly on one half of fish.
Salt and pepper
then cover with other half of fish.

Roll in foil two times and place in med hot tended coals for 1-2hrs, rotating occasionally. Garnish with lemon/lime.
A meal fit for any Nomad!
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 2-14-2009 at 06:52 PM

OK, try this on your fish you are going to grill: first make sure fish is cleaned and deboned, then wash in cold water to rinse off any film on it, then if you have access to lemons get 4 or lemon juice ok also, get some dried onion flakes or onion salt, lemon pepper small bottle shaker, and then put fish on a flat dinner dish so you can squeeze lemon juice over each piece flipping fish over doing the same and then squeeze lemon juice or lemon onto bottom of large enough container to lay the fish out completely to marinade, next while the fish is still on the plate that you juiced them first on you sprinkle the contents above on each side of the fish then lay the fish into the container that had the lemon juice in the bottom of it. Let this soak at least 2 hours then take out to the grill and put the fish on. Fish cooks fast so make sure you turn it after about 3 to 4 minutes on each side then check to see if done enough for your taste, if not put it back on for 2 or 3 minutes more on each side and recheck again. I have friends that also put wine in the large container but still does everything else the same, as it is up to your taste. I also have some friends the use Kiko sauce after salt and perppering fish then on to the grill after a 30 minute marinad again up to your taste. Quick and easy to bring on the fish to and from the grill but make sure you put a little olive oil on the grill to prevent sticking, oh yea the person doing the BBQing should have at least 3 cold ones close by while cooking the fish. Later---------------------- bajafun777

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.