Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Surfing and races...
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2004 at 09:05 AM
Surfing and races...

Will leave Friday A.M. to Ensenada for BAJA 500 activities.....then on to Erendira area for surfing in the afternoon...watch race Saturday morning and home late afternoon...the weekend...I love it....
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2004 at 08:16 PM

Sweet sounds of baja race machines and waves. All in the same weekend......priceless!!! Have a good time.. I'll be stuck at work. Paul
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2004 at 10:32 AM

Jim, looking forward to a trip report upon your return.
Bob H
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2004 at 11:19 PM

Got to Ensenada about 11 A.M. Friday....found parking and followed the LOUD booming music to the inspection area...lots of food being prepared in the area...but I don't eat in BAJA anymore...at least anything that I didn't bring with me...last time I got food poisining there it was terrible and it wasn't worth the 70 cent for the tacos no matter how good they taste....went to see the cars....especially what they call CLASS 12 as I just got mine finished in March...no I don't race just like to pre-run and play....wanted to check suspensions to see how they set the shocks on race cars...saw about 10 cars like mine so I got some ideas on what to do.....also checked out the COCA-COLA dancing girls....nice....saw my friend PEPE from the BAJA SHOP ...they built my car.....after a couple of hours was time to go to find some surf down at CUATRO CASAS ...near Colonet....

[Edited on 6-7-2004 by surfer jim]

[Edited on 6-7-2004 by surfer jim]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-6-2004 at 11:31 PM

Northbound on I-5 Sunday afternoon, I saw a racer (#300) and a few chase vehicles returning from the Baja 500. Last year, my son and I watched it... http://community-2.webtv.net/boojum1/500

[Edited on 6-7-2004 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2004 at 05:49 AM

hey jim, did you run into tim, gunny, and wild bill with the rest of the crew?:coolup:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2004 at 07:07 AM

Jim, how was the surf? I heard that the swells in San Diego were big, especially on Sunday.
Bob H
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2004 at 07:32 AM
Surf this weekend

Yep, we had a swell but not huge here in Rosarito. Heading north on Friday night, I have never seen so many surfers heading south so I assumed a swell was headed our direction.
Then, we realized too late that it was the 500 weekend and had to spend about 45 minutes getting through side streets in Ensenada because the road was closed.
Had we not spent the day driving from Concepcion Bay, we would have stopped and joined the party. A home shower and bed was the top priority at that point.
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2004 at 08:17 AM

4baja....saw them on the beach a few miles north of Enrendira...looked like they had a good crowd with them...didn't stop to visit...wasn't sure if my VIVA BAJA sticker would be welcome there and didn't need any issues...saw the 4 seater driving around giving rides......

went to CUATRO CASAS to surf but didn't like the waves...not breaking in the usual area and tide was dropping...so it was a no go ....never got into the water all weekend even with waves around.....
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2004 at 09:10 AM
Very true Jim

The farther north we got, the better the waves were.
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 6-8-2004 at 02:28 PM

Surfer Jim you can't be serious, we would have all had a good laugh about it and then given you something to drink. You don't seriously think we take that mierda south with us?:lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2004 at 03:11 PM
Ya just never know

ya big ol bullies:lol::lol::lol:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2004 at 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Me No
Surfer Jim you can't be serious, we would have all had a good laugh about it and then given you something to drink. You don't seriously think we take that mierda south with us?:lol:

Meno, that's outstanding!
Bob H;D
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2004 at 08:29 AM

Me-No...was good to hear you say that...no I NEVER expected "problems" but didn't want to feel like a party crasher either....saw the banner and almost stopped...wanted a ride in the buggy...I drove that area in my buggy two weeks previous....where you there Friday around 6 P.M....?....

Side note: PJC wrote some articles called "with age you get a cage"...very good and gave me some direction as to my current buggy...(build it for comfort and reliability)...

[Edited on 6-9-2004 by surfer jim]

[Edited on 6-9-2004 by surfer jim]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.