Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: San Ignacio Springs B&B
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 6-6-2004 at 09:38 PM
San Ignacio Springs B&B

Wife and I returned this past Tuesday from a 5 day trip from greater LA to San Ignacio Springs B&B. We learned of SIBB from friends Ron and Wendy from Villas De Loreto (another great place). Let me just say that the owners Teri and Gary have mastered the art of making guests feel at home. Like many of you, we had never stayed more than a few hours and maybe overnight in SI, so we were excited to stay several (4) nights and soak in the town a bit more. Have to tell you, we learned more about the area than we had any idea exists (explored a number of other areas further west that the spring resurfaces).

We stayed in a large yert that would rival any nice hotel room you could stay in anywhere. Breakfast each morning was part of the deal and was beyond great (I know I have more than one pound to loose) and for a few more dollars we had Teri and Gary provide dinner 2 more nights...wow is all we could say...a taste bud treat no matter the location (they could compete with any of our fine eateries here in Manhattan Beach)..

A couple spefic notes on the trek: Once again confirmed the value of using pesos for gas as more than one station was offering 10 to 1 exchange when the going rate was 11.35 to 1. Traffic (both ways ) between San Quintine and Ensenada is getting bad...real bad. We make 3 to 4 trips per year and each time it is noticeably more congested....It makes me a believer that it will not be long before the eastern route is going to be completed(started). Return trip with only gas stops all the way to Manhattan Beach took 12 hours 10 minutes.

If anyone in greater LA is heading that way please let me know as I would like to return a thermos they loaned me for the return trip after they got up and served wife and kids a full breakfast (I can not eat that early) at 5 in the morning).
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-6-2004 at 09:52 PM

Thanks for the report Tim... I have read nothing but great reports about 'Ignacio Springs' and the Mongolian Yurt cabin accomodations.

http://www.ignaciosprings.com

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 6-7-2004 at 10:14 AM

Should also mention that they arranged for a morning of horse back riding up one of the canyons east of town and took my wife and kids on Rancho 'exploration' trips.
Lastly learning that wife and I are ex-racers (is there really such a thing) they loaned us their 4 seater to put about in ...one of the high notes for the kids (in all of us) for sure!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.