Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Muchas gracias
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2004 at 09:36 AM
Muchas gracias

Muchas Gracias

to everyone that contributed goods to go down south again. This time there were a few bicycles, clothes, blankets, tarps, food, baseball gear and some excellent medical books written in Spanish which were distributed in the rural ranching communities in the mountains. Much appreciated by all and a huge GRACIAS for all of your generosity from the locals!
I am taking a break for a couple months I hope but it depends on the hurricanes. SO, if you can find it within yourselves, I have a plan this year. Last year I took down boxes of mosquito repellants although a little after the fact.
This year, I am asking for donations prior to the rains so as to get the repellants down there before Dengue becomes an issue.
There was a discussion about this last year and the Deet type repellants seem to be the most effective. But, it is a little strong for the children so for them we used "Cutters" or "Off" All Family Spray which worked really well too.
This is the plan so if any of you can help, there will be that many less cases of Dengue this year. And thanks to everyone. J.R.

Insect Repellants
Safety Goggles
Medical Supplies
School Supplies
Tarps
Rope and Twine
Canned Foods
Clothing
Blankets
Shoes
Baseball Gear
Sports Equipment
Old Cameras

These are things I have been asked for and have seen a need for. The first four are the priorities. The rest could be considered luxury items by some but there is a need.
Please, no plastic or battery operated toys. They are still using hand made slingshots and most folks like it that way!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2004 at 11:42 AM
Thanks for all that you Do!

JR.

If there are small bodies of water around, it might be helpful to take down some Mosquito Fish.They are very successful.
Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2004 at 12:19 PM
thank you Skeet

We are actually building small ponds at the Bamboo Park and I was wondering what to do about mosquitos. There is also a year round stream with ponds. Can I get them down here anywhere you know of?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.