BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for Property
Bajasurf

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 07:59 AM
Looking for Property

I am looking to purchase or lease property or a lot somewhere in Baja near a good surfbreak, not wanting weekenders with their firecrackers and attitudes.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 08:02 AM
Good luck!

"near a good surfbreak, not wanting weekenders with their firecrackers and attitudes."
You might try Antarctica!

:lol:
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 12:35 PM

Last time I was at Abreojos there was a land rush going on with Americans building houses on the second point--no where left to camp except third point---that was 2 years ago......and don't forget that Abreojos is a potential Escalara Nautica port. But the summer surf is still epic!
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 09:21 PM

Actually, my friends and I were pretty bummed last time there--some guy had built a fence and squeezed out our favorite camping spot--we got drunk one night and started tearing it down!!! Next day the owner follows our footprints back to camp--this guy was pretty built and pretty angry--his veins were popping out of his neck--he knew he could take me out and maybe another, but not all five of us--so we came to a truce and agreed to repair the fence........weird vibes that trip, haven't been back, but I miss the surf....!
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 09:24 PM

I don't mean to paint a bleak picture--just reminiscing on the good old days at Abreojos--it might be a great place to have a house.....those warm offshore winds everyday--yah!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 09:36 PM
He should have

kicked your asses! I or my dogs would have!
For those of you who think that Baja is still wild and remote, think again.
You can thank all those wonderful gringos who bought in first. Your friends and neighbors for example.
You know, the ones so paranoid of where they live and the locals that live there they build fences to keep them out.
And who comes and tears it down? Well?
You guys.
Baja as we knew it is a thing of the past. There are so many people (gringos and canadians) with designs on making money through development here combined with the support of the president that it is as good as done.
All the spots are well known as far as surfing goes. They are still hard to get to and remote but that is going to be so short lived, you won't believe it.
These are the last few years of Baja before it turns into the exact same thing that O.C. turned into. It's just happening faster here.
Enjoy it while you can. And hurry!
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 09:52 PM

Unfortunately I believe your very correct about the pace of change. Even with all the trips we make every year we can not believe the rate of change between every trip....Near mind numbing. I almost don't recognize where I am at many times related to the growth that has taken place. All we can hope for I am afraid is a bit of sensitivity to the environs....but I ain't holding my breath...
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2004 at 09:59 PM

Actually, after we fixed the fence everybody laughed, even a smile from the owner--he knew why we did it--he'd been coming here for 25 years and he understood our frustration--he said he panicked and bought because he didn't want to be left out of the land grab...swords were drawn, but no blood spilled....I learned the cruel truth of jrbaja's doomsday scenario and the owner got a reminder of the past keepers of the point.....
Bajasurf

[*] posted on 6-11-2004 at 08:22 AM
Punta Abreojos

This will be a 2 week trip and I will try and get out there. There are still places I have gone with no surfers or attitudes. Time Tunnel is great but I am sworn to secrecy. My old surfing pals from WindanSea(Pat Curren, Al Nelson) and I have had great waves. In fact, I would like to invite all to the 10th annual WindanSea Historical Surfriding Association surf meeting an reunion Sept.11th, 2004. Held in La Jolla. A great gathering of surfers(yes, we surfers get WindanSea to ourselves that day) If any interest I will post more info. Thanks, George Lanning
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2004 at 08:26 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh:light:
downunder

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 09:14 AM

I have a house for sale 1 mile south of puerto nuevo,(12 miles south of rosarito). asking $34,500 o.b.o. good surf break in front of house, you can view photos and more info at this link: http://realestate.escapeartist.com/P-23999
VICENTE

[*] posted on 7-13-2004 at 11:58 AM
LOT FOR SALE

HI BAJASURF

I'M FROM BAJA, FROM LA PAZ BUT I HAVE A FAMILY IN PUNTA ABREOJOS, AND MY COUSIN HE HAS FOR SALE A FEW LOTS WITH 30 x50 METERS WITH FRONT BEACH, HE IS ASKING FOR $15 000 DLLS AND THE SALE IS DIRECT WITH HIM OR ME HE DOESN'T WANT TO GO WITH A REAL STATE COMPANY,
IF YOU HAVE BEEN THERE THIS LOTS ARE BY THE LITTLE STRIP RUNWAY, ON ONE SIDE YOU HAVE THE RUNWAY AND OTHER SIDE YOU HAVE THE BEACH, THAT IS GREAT IF YOU HAVE SOME FRIENDS WHO HAS A AIRPLANES THEY CAN GO FROM THE RUNWAY TO YOUR LOTS,
OK ANY QUESTION MY e-MAIL IS mursan21@hotmail.com and actually i'm student in phoenix, AZ .
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2004 at 01:46 PM
SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

SSHHHHHH
SHHHHHHHHHHH
SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:light:SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:lol::
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-14-2004 at 03:15 PM
vincente, the capt. here.....

we need to go there this summer as soon as i am back in the air. I would like to check out the "lotes". thx - we are still on to meet in sdl for a beer soon, send me your ph number again.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 10-8-2004 at 06:40 PM
MULEGE RANCH FOR SALE Baja

MULEGE Gest RANCH FOR SALE This ranch has a the Best Well in the Mulege aria Large House almost fineshed swiming pool and lots of extras. this is Titled Land http://www.mulegebaja.com.
info@mulegebaja.com

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.