Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BOLA bakery to open in October
burritomama
Junior Nomad

Mood: asi asi

[*] posted on 6-12-2004 at 02:49 PM
BOLA bakery to open in October

Mauro plans to have his bakery and cafe open in October.

Look for it.
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2004 at 03:46 PM
burritomama - Mauro's Bakery

We'll be there in October and will be sure to check in with Mauro. It looked like a cool location, up a small hill on the inland side of the highway a mile or so before you get to the village. Do you have any clues about other items he'll offer, e.g., coffee, sodas? Is he planning a simple bakery or will he have a table or two and a few chairs? Can't wait.
burritomama
Junior Nomad

Mood: asi asi

[*] posted on 6-12-2004 at 05:08 PM

It is my understanding that he plans to create a cafe in the style of what he loves about cafes in his hometown of Rome - Italy that is.

I expect that they'll start small and then broaden their offerings. I know he wants to sell good strong coffee.

He's also a musician and when he dreams about the cafe, I know he dreams about live music too - who knows.

Yes, it is a lovely spot.
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2004 at 05:37 PM

must be before the new gas station, look forword to seeing it.:coolup:
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2004 at 07:10 PM
Hoping his dream becomes a reality.

One of the charms of Bahia de Los Angeles is that it is so integrated by locals and the gringos who live there. Las Hamacas for example.

I would think that if Mauro is going to make a go of this place he'd have to attract locals and tourists alike.

4baja - Where is the new gas station? I would think the road to Mauros cafe would be forking off the right side of the pavement somewhere between K 64.5 and 65. But I've never measured it. I only saw it from the turtle sanctuary. Don't know if you can see it from the pavement. He's got to have an absolutely great view of the entire Bahia de Los Angeles.
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2004 at 07:24 PM

hey mike, as your comeing into town its on the right hand side before the gas place. it should be more then half way done by now and maybe be open by dec.:coolup:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.