Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Aero Cal??
Markitos
Nomad

Mood: let me check

[*] posted on 6-20-2004 at 07:04 AM
Aero Cal??

Ive been trying to get ahold of Aero California. I gave up and called a travel agent. She told me Aero was about bankrupt and had closed all but they'r
Mexico offices. She couldnt even get ahold of them. HUT OH Im thinking no more deals!We keep our boat in La Paz Ive gotta go back and forth on short notice and short time frame some times. And the four days of driving realy cut in to the BAJA time. Aero Mex is a big ole chunk of money.
Anyone have anymore info ? Thanks mark

All that wonder are not lost
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2004 at 08:02 AM
AeroCal

I went to their LA office (El Segundo) about a month ago, and they had just closed it down. They handel all their ticketing at the counter now at LAX.
I was told that all the calls to the "800#" are rerouted now to La Paz, so that might have something to do with the delays in getting through:?:
Aerocal has always been run on "prayer", and they could save more money if they were to move their fights out of Ontario Airport with it's new terminals. Or they may just go back to service from inside Mexico, and cut out the "international" fees/ taxes they are having to pay;D

Happy Trails
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2004 at 12:01 PM

Their direct line in La Paz is
(612) 125-10-23 plus that prefix for Baja - is it 011? Sorry, I always forget that part.

My last trip reservations were made through the 800# in La Paz; they gave me a confirmation # and I was given a paper ticket at check-in in LAX. I have found the best time to call them is right at 8:00 a.m. their time; much later it's near impossible to get through.

LaTijereta is correct, rumors for years that they're "now" going out of business. I too sure hope they continue to survive.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 6-20-2004 at 07:22 PM
We used them to fly to Loreto...

last week and they were fine. On time both ways and decent service.

++Ken++
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2004 at 02:37 AM

I just received my Tickets for a July visit, A little wait on the Line and then good Service.

You have to remember that their are many unfounded Rumors all the time about Baja.

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"
Markitos
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2004 at 08:23 PM

Your right Skeet Aero Cal is allways under rumers but this time with all the closed US offices. Im heading down tomorrow I'll check out what they say at the main offic in La Paz

Markitos
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2004 at 07:52 AM

Just returned from La Paz, I stopped in at the main AEROCA. office they have a round trip from TJ or LA for 250.00 but you have to get it by thursday of this week. and the tickets are good thru Dec.
By the way had a great trip pretty warm but as allways ahhhh.

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2004 at 08:20 AM

Markitos - The main office on the Malecon is where you got tix info? I've been able to get through to AeroCa (through the 800# which reaches, they say, the La Paz office) and have not been able to convince a ticket agent that LAX is included in sale prices....
Maybe I'll try calling the non-800# line today: 001-52-612-125-10-23

I did check Travelocity, my old stand-by when it comes to cheap travel to La Paz. They are no longer selling tix LAX-LAP via AeroCa, although they are still advertising that route at low fare. :?::(

.....Oscar Wilde
Markitos
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2004 at 05:29 PM

I left the paper work on my boat in Dana Point I'll be up there tommorow. I'll get you the direct line then. And the main office is across from the mission ,at least thats where I had to go to pay.:yes:
Man that place is GREAT and I have super cool pic of the dude with the paper boat pants !!

aldosalato
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2004 at 07:19 PM

Rumours in La Paz are that there are major changes in Aerocal for the future.......... and many thinks it will be for the better (cross fingers!)
Empty new offices with new computer terminals are ready for the move that should happen in coming months
Markitos
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2004 at 07:32 AM

Heres the ticket counters # up in LA
(310) 417-0003 and (310)417-0004 I know thats not closed and they can get you the correct #. When I talked with the folks in La Paz they had no intentions of closeing down. Thats good news cause Aero Mex cost a hunderd bucks more!

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2004 at 07:43 AM

Thanks so much for the LAX phone number. AeroMx from San Francisco is significantly more than $100 extra fare!

.....Oscar Wilde

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.