Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja Search and Rescue
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2004 at 08:38 AM
Baja Search and Rescue

The prices I quoted way back when was a test. Period.
BSAR is not ready for foreign membership yet. But when it is, I am hoping to keep the cost under $35.00 per year.
What it involves is having English Speaking contacts all over Baja. Not just a few phone numbers along the main highway that really won't amount to much when you call them because they only speak Spanish.
BSAR is made to help out travelers by getting them the fastest possible service,
including getting necessary parts to them with one phone call.
Now some of the gringos will say that the phones don't work in Baja. It's true, most gringo phones don't work in Baja. But amazingly enough, the Telcel phones work almost everywhere. Which is what we use down here. Go figure.
BSAR has over 500 contacts in ALL parts of Baja. Including radio contact with
the most remote regions. It is designed to expedite assistance and enable whatever is needed to be delivered immediately, rather than a long drawn out process as many of us have been through.
It makes sense, it helps the locals, it helps the travelers, and it is not harming or changing the Baja environment.
:light:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2004 at 10:41 AM
JR

I applaud you for you efforts!

A Good Cause to benefit those in Need.

In Baja Sur i hope that you use the Medical Facilities in Constitution and La Paz instead of taking a chance on the Delays that may or may not be expierenced so far from the American Border.

It may be that you could get the New "Loreto Bay Villages" to invest some of there Money into the updating of the medical Facilities in Loreto.

The Medical in Loreto has been lacking in many ways due to most of the Doctors coming from the Constitution Area.

There was a person by the name of Pauline, that was attempting to get some better Equipt. into Loreto, whether she has been successful is unknown to me at this time>

If you need a contact in La Paz Please call or email me sonrisa@dospalos.org.

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 6-21-2004 at 06:55 PM
Whatever you need.

Count with us in El Rosario with this great task you are doing...

Let me know of you need any info....

Antonio M.

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.