BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: July 4th: Who's going where?
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 7-2-2004 at 07:07 PM

I'm so jealous I'm turning green! The one d*&m year I decide to stay home for the fourth....and it is overcast, raining, and thunder. Not that I don't enjoy a good storm...but that's not the right weather for a Fourth of July.
Even my dos XX isn't helping....

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
Geary

[*] posted on 6-29-2005 at 07:39 AM

The 9th Annual 4th of July Picnic will be again held at Playa el Burro, Bahia Concepcion. Noon to Dark. Free Hot Dogs, Cheap Beer, Music. Shade tents, tables, and chairs provided by Corona.
Unfortionally we have been unable to get any fireworks past the military check points. Perhaps someone will get lucky and we will again have fireworks. The Mexican government sees to be rather unsimpathic to our Independence Day celebration traditions. Oh Well.

Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 6-29-2005 at 08:24 AM
Welcome Geary, great to see you found our board.

Geary has some great baja tales on cd. Be careful this weekend guys or you might be in one of his stories. Geary it would be great if you would write something here for us about the big party and all the people that were there all the fun stuff.We all like to read reports from baja.I keep trying to get him here for the book signing. hope you all have a great time. Work keeps me here this weekend but at least here is already in baja, k:bounce::bounce::bounce:

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Bajalero
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2005 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by viabaja
Those guys fron Arizona did an outstanding job of building that bridge to shell beach. Thay great piece of work is still standing after the road is continuing to wash out!!! American knowhow!

FROM ARIZONA? Please tell us the story?
Because it is seperated from the mainland at extreme high tide, I have always refered to it as a barrier island... with tons of shells, thus 'Shell Island' .

Bob and Pat Hale (who I met a few years later) on the 'island' told me they called it Shell Beach, as you do. Since Bob is crazy (driving that huge motorhome onto the bottomless sand beach), I respected his choice of names, ha! I think 'Island' is more romantic sounding and there already is another Shell Beach in Baja (Punta Chivato), so I stick with Shell Island... So Chris, what's your holiday plans?

David: would that be " Tuxedo Ed" whom you are referring to?

Lero
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 6-29-2005 at 09:05 AM
Summit City!

Yeah...welll...it's sorta close to Baja! We're doing an 4 day run to www.ghosttowns.com/states/ca/summitcity.html These roads are just about as bad as some of Baja's. Good fishing, panning, and chasing Bears barehanded are the events of the day!

[Edited on 6-29-2005 by yankeeirishman]

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 6-30-2005 at 06:08 AM
a fifth on the fourth

we will be at burro for 2 days, achored in the bay, life is tough !

Want what you have
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-30-2005 at 07:20 AM

It is not a holiday in Mexico so I will be working . I only get Mexican days off.:(

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 6-30-2005 at 07:37 AM

Ill be a long way from Baja on the 4th, cruise to Alaska......

But, plan on finally getting to the beach in the 7 Sisters area at the end of August.
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2005 at 11:18 AM

Gotta do some work on my house in Joshua Tree. At least it's in the desert, right? Just on the wrong side of the border. The good news is the place is almost decent enough to invite Baja buddies to visit.

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2005 at 11:57 AM
David

David,
When are you crossing the border on Friday am? I was hoping to stop and have breakfast at El Palomar in Sta Thomas...:P
Then on onto the Vag beach party in San Qunitin..Hope to be through Ensenada around 7:30am:yes:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-30-2005 at 07:13 PM
Check the YEAR this thread began!

Hi Kris, this thread is a year old... my comments about Friday AM start were made in 2004. I WISH I was going then!

I would enjoy hooking up with you two, but I will be working in Encinitas and Carlsbad Friday morning!

Bajalero... I don't know a Tuxedo Ed, sorry. The motorhome on a beach person is Bob Hale.

I hope everyone going into Baja this (2005) year has a wonderful time... I look forward to the trip reports.

I probably won't be going too far south this weekend, need to save up for El Rosario and Mision Santa Maria on the 22nd!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.